.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Yeah...use a finger under each word for guidance, nice and slow. Thankfully the good Lord did not create such an affliction on me when it comes to drinking.

Haha.

Yes, a deficiency in one area is compensated at excelling in another.

Thank heavens you are not a quick reader and slow drinker.

Haha

Question to those that have landed on Montserrat...

Can you gain access, either authorised/accompanied/on your own/taking a sneaky unauthorised peak to Air Studios?

I understand that some of it is still standing. As it is such an iconic place in the lexicons of rock music it is somewhere I would like to take a pilgrimage if I am fortunate to enough to be on board a SeaDream voyage that visits the island.

Many thanks for any info.

MACT

Haha (unless you are travelling with 'em, then its boo-hoo)

We took a side trip to BArbados from St.Lucia one year. Booked an early morning flight, 30 minute flight! That's all it should take!...arrived at 6pm.

Once we passed through security, we were stuck in a little room all day...

Never' ever again!!!....unless we really have to! Haha!

Ho Hum,

I had no idea you had such a mean streak!!😱 currents indeed!! Hahahaha!

Hope Blondie is up to her old Bubbly self? 💃

Thank you for sharing your visit to Montserrat with us! Hope we get a chance to visit one day? Years ago, we heard there were Irish descendant who lived there!?

Kathy.

Excellent accounting of your time on Montserrat. Obviously lots of interest in stopping there. Hope SD includes M in more cruise options. And thank you for declining the Heavenly offer. Raggy & I look forward to sharing time with you in the "Other" place. Add some Jerk Spice to the Goat Currants and you might have a new dish for the Four Seasons......

Question to those that have landed on Montserrat...

Can you gain access, either authorised/accompanied/on your own/taking a sneaky unauthorised peak to Air Studios?

I understand that some of it is still standing. As it is such an iconic place in the lexicons of rock music it is somewhere I would like to take a pilgrimage if I am fortunate to enough to be on board a SeaDream voyage that visits the island.

Many thanks for any info.

MACT

Yes You can, ask for Theodore.

Read an article recently that rabbits, but not hares, eat "currants" as part of their diet. Does not seem to do them any harm.

Goats and "currants" on the other hand...

Hmmm are we on the same pqge on this one dear MACT ?

Ho Hum,

I had no idea you had such a mean streak!!😱 currents indeed!! Hahahaha!

Hope Blondie is up to her old Bubbly self? 💃

Kathy.

Yes sheer evil AKA Dr.Evil !

Wooahahaha !

Thank you for sharing your visit to Montserrat with us! Hope we get a chance to visit one day? Years ago, we heard there were Irish descendant who lived there!?

Kathy.

Yes you're absolutely right, in fact HH believes the Irish harp is incorporated within the British flag

As we approach Saba, the weather is foreboding and the sea is choppy.

A large-ish boat anchored, lurches dramatically side to side, back to front and all varieties of movement in between.

Ho hum loves Saba but not the port or the "industrial slag heap meets scattered, coloured and rusted containers strewn carelessly along a rough, stone track along the sea shore".

The main port is just practical.

Love the way they have arranged a grouping of huge oil tanks elevated on a metal support system.

The road up to the town is brutally steep and greyish.

They say Saba has wonderful dive sites.

HH wishes he could scuba dive but those days are long gone.

A Dutch colony with a new-ish development of houses take HH by surprise: quite nice and pleasantly arranged (for the Caribbean that is).

And our brief tempestuous flirtation with Saba is over !

Saba aint interested in welcoming us.

The Captain and Chief Officer are spotted sharing binoculars and looking to shore.

Nope. A mutual shake of the heads and that confirms it, its bye, bye Saba.

Now we speed off to St.Barts.

At least Goran is happy, dismissing Saba as "just a rock !".

He loves St.Barts.

He will be going there to the beach for lunch with a colleague.

Hell all the crew love SB; they can get free wifi if they have time off the ship that is.

But HH will be sad.

Yes it is'nt very inviting looking today (or most times he has approached Saba) but the people and streets are fascinating.

And so St.Barts here we come.

A French baguette and a coarse rustic pate will suffice to-day accompanied by a Provençal rose.

Obtaining said pate from the supermarche was a trial: no need to bother you with the details but an International arrest warrant maybe issued for ho hum !

image.jpg.3995d7b5270a2df85b2941816e9b49f7.jpg

Whilst at Concierge, an agitated "gentleman" arrives with a pink copy of a Laundry completion form and abruptly demands to know how it is possible that his bill for a few clothes items could possibly cost $466 !

The lady advises the "gentleman" that the number refers to his cabin number not amount charged !

He turns on his heels and without a jot of an apology walks off........extraordinary is'nt it ?

And ho hum would also like to add: how did the cabin number even appear on the docket ?

He wrote it down himself when completing the form in the first place !

Is this an unusual week for the occasional rude guest or is this a common occurrence ?

Hmmmmm.......once is enough !

How do these ladies remain cheerful and helpful still ?

Ho Hum admires them tremendously but this just should not be happening......

And if mistaken.

Damn well apologise.

Grovel even !

Like Ho Hum has to do whenever he rarely transgresses against Lady Minjey-Moo.

Hehe

HH, thanks for the info for Air Studios Montserrat.

Now...466 seems a familiar number...

Is that not Mr "row" man about his missing "robe"?

If it is Mr "row", good job SeaDream does not have cabins two levels up...666!!!

P.S Has SeaDream 11 built an extension since I was last on? Cabin 466 would be beyond that mysterious place which is out of bounds to any sane person...the gym!

Edited by MACT

Whilst at Concierge, an agitated "gentleman" arrives with a pink copy of a Laundry completion form and abruptly demands to know how it is possible that his bill for a few clothes items could possibly cost $466 !

The lady advises the "gentleman" that the number refers to his cabin number not amount charged !

He turns on his heels and without a jot of an apology walks off........extraordinary is'nt it ?

And ho hum would also like to add: how did the cabin number even appear on the docket ?

He wrote it down himself when completing the form in the first place !

Is this an unusual week for the occasional rude guest or is this a common occurrence ?

Hmmmmm.......once is enough !

How do these ladies remain cheerful and helpful still ?

Ho Hum admires them tremendously but this just should not be happening......

And if mistaken.

Damn well apologise.

Grovel even !

Like Ho Hum has to do whenever he rarely transgresses against Lady Minjey-Moo.

Hehe

I don't know how those sweet girls do it!? And always with a smile...they were tremendously gracious and helpful to us! And while we're at it!! Why go on vacation if you know you'll be angry and unhappy all the time!? Next time! You give him what for Ho Hum!!... :mad:

Saba, were there any reasons why the Captain turned away from Saba? This is an island I would love to see...

Edited by kathyanddanny

Saba is the perfectly round top of an ancient volcano, and has no protected harbour, natural or otherwise. The ship is at anchor and it is often too rough for safe tendering.

We have missed it numerous times, but finally made it last year. It was a fascinating taxi ride on the few roads that there are.

HH, thanks for the info for Air Studios Montserrat.

Now...466 seems a familiar number...

Is that not Mr "row" man about his missing "robe"?

If it is Mr "row", good job SeaDream does not have cabins two levels up...666!!!

P.S Has SeaDream 11 built an extension since I was last on? Cabin 466 would be beyond that mysterious place which is out of bounds to any sane person...the gym!

Ho Hum is being discrete dear friend (you are correct 466 is fictitious to protect the damn fool).

Saba is the perfectly round top of an ancient volcano, and has no protected harbour, natural or otherwise. The ship is at anchor and it is often too rough for safe tendering.

We have missed it numerous times, but finally made it last year. It was a fascinating taxi ride on the few roads that there are.

Well Ho Hum would like to thankyou on behalf of everyone for that succinct but fascinating report on the bleeding obvious !

To the man who accused HH of "drivel"; an allegation Ho Hum does not deny but would defend as being somewhat entertaining drivel though light on facts for some (eh Cabbie).

Ho Hum must assume the hard winter in the forlorn settlement has deprived you of your customary wit, humour and sly line of passing mild insults....

HH hopes we are not to be deprived of your usual abundant, admirable and hugely enjoyable and entertaining qualities.

Maybe though, the winters enforced hibernation has also caused your lean frame to further suffer, rendering you emaciated and low in spirits.

We wonder whether we will even recognise you !

But fear not, Blondie and Ho Hum will selflessly devote their time in your full restoration. Accompanying you to the finest restaurants and over-indulging in rose and champagne: make it rose champagne to hasten the recovery.

With much love and a hefty helping of "tongue in cheek" we await your arrival in St.Barts, dear boy.

It's early morning and we are sailing to JvD for the Friday beach party: interesting whether we have champagne for the splash (news of cut back had'nt reached the HM). Haha

We left St.Barts yesterday where we spent a full day.

BREAKING NEWS !

Sea Dream III sea trials are currently being conducted undercover.

Ho Hum has been drafted in to appraise the new vessel.

See photo attached.

image.jpg.dfe1ef2fd88c334c4acee6bee990837b.jpg

:eek:

HH and Blondie...have a great day at the Splash

Tuning into http://www.soggydollar.com/webcam.aspx

Oh my (as Charlie, would say.....love that line).

You certainly pick up on things fast.....

HH has cut down on his posting today, as HH realises you are somewhat of a slow reader and wishes you to spend your time instead in standing by your laptop to gain a sighting of HH & Blondie with crew and passengers !

HH's Thoughtful like that.

A great weekend to you and ALL.

Thank you Abenaki, HH did not offer an explanation and it was not so obvious to me...hehehe...

HH, must be total hell! Still being on the Yacht!? Not jealous at at all!! Nope!, not me! Not jealous at all!!:mad::D

Kathy.