Grandeur or Carnival Pride?

cocacola86

As an FYI, Pride just finished a dry dock when she got her Funship 2.0 upgrades that added Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog Rum Bar and more....

So, don't write it off as there have been some changes. I WILL say that Pride's beds were WAY comfier than Grandeur's.....

I've been on both ships a couple times, and they each have advantages and disadvantages...

Did you ever find the Grandeur crowded on sea days?

Not really. We like the Solarium, so you have to get there earlier. I am going by the time of year we cruise on her which is winter, normally.

I believe any ship, on sea days, is going to have some parts that are always crowded, especially around the pools.

As an FYI, Pride just finished a dry dock when she got her Funship 2.0 upgrades that added Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog Rum Bar and more....

So, don't write it off as there have been some changes. I WILL say that Pride's beds were WAY comfier than Grandeur's.....

I've been on both ships a couple times, and they each have advantages and disadvantages...

I am patiently awaiting the return of the Pride. Want to see the new upgrades.

I, too, believe the beds are more comfy.

Agree, each has advantages and disadvantages.

I have been on both ships and I believe that it comes down to your own personality. I enjoyed both ships but I prefer the Pride. It just seems to have a crowd that is a lot more fun. I do agree that the decor is not really my taste but I don't go on a cruise to be an interior designer. I also enjoyed the Enchantment of the seas a lot more then I do the Grandeur of the Seas. But as long as there is a cruise ship in Baltimore I will cruise on it. :D

I've been on both and although the ships were vaguely similar to me the Grandeur was a much better trip. We had a balcony room that was fine on the Pride and the Royal Family Suite last summer on the Grandeur. Taking out the fact that we were in a suite, the staff as a whole was better on the Grandeur. Shortly into the trip, they knew our preferences at dinner, built a rapport with our children and were incredibly attentive. We did not experience this kind of attention on the Pride.

We've booked our next trip this July on the Grandeur again... this time without our kids.

I'll be on the Grandeur for the 1st time. Been on the Pride once. That WILL be the only time. Someone's not playing with 52 cards. (It may be me!) When I was on the Pride bad weather had a lot to do with it. It was a couple of years ago when it was exceptionally cold in Florida and the Bahamas and it rained almost every day while on the ship which meant we had to stay at the solarium type covered pool (NO ONE EVER @ the main pool, EVER , the whole cruise.) or go inside YIKES!! What was that all about? It looked like Dali did the designing with 1 eye blind and the other 1 half shut. We went to see a band which was quite good every night at a medium sized venue. Probably no more than 10 people there nightly. I'm amazed that the band put up with that for more than 1 night. And there was always a ruckus above us. One night I went to investigate. Bingo was happening. There were so many people that you would think they were giving away free turkeys. After bingo was over, I'm guessing there was a knitting class going on somewhere. They sat us at a 4 seat table for dinner which did not seem like a big deal until we had dinner for the first night. I think our tablemates rearranged their sock drawer at home for nightly entertainment. The worst of that was that maitre'd would not or could not get us a new seating assignment. Shows were decent and so was the food. I don't remember seeing anything that was memorable on board including the staff. Should have booked the S.S. Minnow. Only cruise WE (It wasn't just me) wanted get off and go home. I hope I do not get any threats to do me harm from this mini review, but I have to call a spade a spade. (Even though I'm sure I came across quite cynically.)

I've been on the Pride 5x. All before the 2.0 upgrades. I never minded the decor at all. I don't think she has much in the way of shows/entertainment...frankly, I think they're awful. The only exception to that is the piano bar.. Roger, the PBE, is awesome.. I go there every night! I've always had a great cruise on the Pride and I think she's a great ship. I leave for a 14 day on her in a week and I can't wait to see the upgrades! I love Guy's Burger Joint and that's the FIRST place I'm visiting once I get onboard. I think Carnival's food is better than Royal's hands down, but that's just my opinion..everyone's tastes are different. What I enjoy most about Carnival ships are the great parties and the party atmosphere... when I book to have a really fun cruise, I book Carnival. When I just want to lay back, relax and enjoy a serene cruise I book RC.

I've never sailed the GOS, but I'm booked for Bermuda in September and I can't wait to get on her! :) This will be my 3x to bermuda, the other 2x I cruised on the EXOS...beautiful ship (even at her age ;)...sure going to miss her. :)

I really can't believe no one else mentioned the vibration felt on the Pride. It was so noticeable that our drinks in the MDR would be splashing out and our silver ware would move on the table. In the cabin if you left your cell phone on the counter it would eventually fall on the floor. It was really uncomfortable. Whenever we would ask the MDR servers about it they would act like it was no biggie. Maybe they were used to it? It may have been fixed during the upgrades but I wouldn't go back on her just for this fact alone even if it was free!

Also, the general crowd on our sailing were lets just say a little rough along the edges....

I really can't believe no one else mentioned the vibration felt on the Pride. It was so noticeable that our drinks in the MDR would be splashing out and our silver ware would move on the table. In the cabin if you left your cell phone on the counter it would eventually fall on the floor. It was really uncomfortable. Whenever we would ask the MDR servers about it they would act like it was no biggie. Maybe they were used to it? It may have been fixed during the upgrades but I wouldn't go back on her just for this fact alone even if it was free!

Also, the general crowd on our sailing were lets just say a little rough along the edges....

I did feel vibrations on the ship but to be honest I've felt it on many and it really doesn't bother me too much.. some of our own boats vibrate a lot..lol.

I think you get a variety of less appealing folks no matter the ship you're on. My last EXOS cruise reflected that..trust me. LOL

No comparison, pay extra for the Grandeur - you get what you pay for.

One of those cool days out of Baltimore? No problem, just head for the Pride's indoor pool, to relax. Sorry about that 2-man pool band that's blasting the music INSIDE. Where's that blast of cold air coming from? Oh, that's right, C put the indoor pool in the MIDDLE of the deck, so when people walk through the doors at both ends at the same time, there goes your warm air.

No problem, I'm heading out to the hot tubs. Uh Oh, its full of kids - that's because the outdoor pools are always unheated, so even the kids won't use them.

No problem, heading indoors- where's all that smoke coming from? Can you smoke anywhere on C?

Hope I'm not coming across as too much of a C cheerleader...........