Book with Expedia for transport from FCO to Civitavecchia?

Baseball fan

Hello, I am looking at a flight that arrives at FCO early afternoon the day before my cruise. Having been to Rome many times, I am looking at spending the night in Civitavecchia.

All of the shared transport leave FCO by noon to get people to their ships. Since I arrive on. Saturday, there is only one train I could catch. If I my flight is late, I could miss it. I am traveling solo so I prefer not to pay more than 100€ for a private driver.

I saw that Expedia offers transportation from FCO for extended hours.

Does anyone have experience booking transportation with Expedia from FCO to Civitavecchia??

Thanks

Dena

Since I arrive on. Saturday, there is only one train I could catch.

There are lots of trains you can catch throughout the afternoon. The best route would be to catch a Regionale train to Roma Trastevere, then transfer to another Regionale to Civi, thus avoiding the vast Termini. Check out Trenitalia's website to search for your possibilities.

If you are not seeing trains when you check Trenitalia it's because you are looking at a date too far into the future. Simply look at next Saturday's schedule, even though there is a schedule update in June the revised timetable will not be significantly different from the current one.

The regional train to Trastevere followed by the regional train to Civitavecchia takes between an hour and three quarters to two hours of travel time, depending on the connections. There are trains departing the airport for this route in the afternoon at :

1:17

2:12

2:57

3:27

3:57

4:27

5:12

etc. until the last connection at 10:42 PM (arriving Civitavecchia at 12:44 AM).