Close to Pier

Outnumbered1234

Are there any beaches or anything to do that is within walking distance of the pier? Would it be safe to do so? When I say walking distance; I mean 15 to 20 minutes.

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Yes there is shopping right off the pier and then you can walk to another shopping area in about 15 minutes. There is a beach there with chairs umbrellas etc to rent, but it has a reputation as being a polluted beach so I wouldn't swim there.

We were just there last month. Took the water taxi over to Great Bay, lots of shopping, restaurants, and we rented 2 beach chairs w/2 umbrellas for $15. You can get buckets of beer (5 beers) for $10. We did not find it to be polluted at all. Not rocky or full of shells, I'm very picky about walking into the water, if there is sea grass no way...lol And there was none...yay We also got free wi-fi, and was able to FaceTime our kids. For a close beach, this is well worth it IMO.ImageUploadedByForums1392855152.773563.jpg.5db110dc13a78ad65f4d6913394dbe18.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were just there last month. Took the water taxi over to Great Bay, lots of shopping, restaurants, and we rented 2 beach chairs w/2 umbrellas for $15. You can get buckets of beer (5 beers) for $10. We did not find it to be polluted at all. Not rocky or full of shells, I'm very picky about walking into the water, if there is sea grass no way...lol And there was none...yay We also got free wi-fi, and was able to FaceTime our kids. For a close beach, this is well worth it IMO.[ATTACH]302889[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I only saw the brown sludgy water there once. Even then the rest of the water "looked" ok. The bacteria counts paint a different story though. Little Bay only costs $4-$5 pp each way by taxi and it tests well consistently.

6 adults and a 14 month old, which beach do you suggest. Adults want some action but not crowds. Calm water for our grandson.

Le Galion is the perfect beach for a 14 mth old and would be my first choice. Little Bay has more of a drop but it would also work.