Wii Fit

babymomma

HI all!

It's been a long time since any of us posted here. Anyone besides me still Wiiing?

I see you can get Netflix over the Wii as well as You Tube & see your pictures so there are uses for it other than exercise.;)

Hope to see some of you back here.

~ Jo ~ :)

HI!

Taterhead ~ I do Wii Fit & just made up a little routine that I do for approximately 30 minutes a day, nothing too strenuous. It's mostly balance things, a bit of step, hula hoop which I still can't do to the right for some strange reason!

What are you doing on the Wii?

I also have some dance discs but have trouble keeping up with them.:(

Nice of you to post, thanks.

I have started with yoga just to start stretching my body. Other than that I try to little bit of ski jump, step, short walk and some of the balance games. I try to do different games each day so I won't get bored. I also have Dance discs, but I haven't started back on them yet. Maybe in a week or two. I'm starting in earnest this week in exercising more. I'm going to try and cut out my sugar and pop. Celebrating lots of birthdays so have been cooking lots of sweets. Got to stop if I'm serious about losing weight.

I'll weigh and do the body test tomorrow and get started. How long have you been back to Wii!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We've done a little Wii Fit over the winter but mostly we've been on the real ski slopes, sledding or playing in the snow since it's been a long time since we've actually had snow in our yard and could go sledding with the grandkids. .

I love the dance routines but I have a hard time keeping up too so I just make up my own steps to the music. Hey, as long as I'm moving it's better than nothing.

HI all!

Taterhead ~ I've been Wiiing off & on for years, I think it says it's my 1700+ day but for a few months my DD used it. I had to stop from June to Nov in 2012 after having my knee replaced then again last year for a month or so after I had my gall bladder removed. I don't do ski jump anymore but was always bad at it. I have a system whereby I can't go to the next level until I reach 4 stars. I am so eager to get to the next level on skateboarding!

I like the step one too, swing those arms!!

You should check in on Thursdays, each week a new thread saying how we've done for the week, lose or gain, no judgment.

I have also Wii bowled at a Senior's group but they didn't get enough participants this winter to have more than 2 teams.

checkard ~ Nice to see you back here!:D Oh sure real skiing is better if you can do it. Good for you exercising & having fun with the grandkids.

Have a great week & come back soon.

Great! That is great encouragement. I've been sick for three months but now back on my feet feeling lots better. Having a problem with my right foot but other than that progressing. I've only been back on the Wii for a few sessions because of company and cooking for birthday parties. Now this week I have no excuse. I was on the Wii today and plan on keeping it up. Thanks for sharing!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

HI all!

Taterhead ~ yikes that's a long illness! Glad to hear you're back on your feet.

Yesterday for a change I did some Wii Fit then did some sports, 1 game of bowling & 1 of baseball. TG there was only 3 innings to the game I was getting tired of pitching & striking out!:rolleyes:

Wii on!

Thanks Jo! I'm so happy to be up and at em' again.

I've ventured into the Wii Resort for something different and it's quite fun. I'm trying to figure out a routine with Wii Fitness so I can just get right to it every morning, but I guess it will take a little while before I decide. Forgot all about bowling and baseball. That will be the next thing on the agenda for me. Thanks for sharing! ;)

Hi

I was looking for some motivation to put new batteries in the Wii Fit

So today I will

I want to loose about 18 lb before my cruise in mid June ( would love to loose more but thats unrealistic)

Currently I am finishing of my bachelors degree, so time for exercise is limited, but once assignments done then all systems go

As well as the wii fit, I hope to swim at least once a week, and continue with dance classess- ballet 45 mins per week, tap 45 mins per week and ballroom/latin 1 hour a week

on the wii fit I like the yoga, I like the hula hoop, the step stuff and the running/cycling bits. And the one that was a surprise tome was the boxing, love it and gets me out of breath well

I also like the wii zumba

was thinking about getting a wiii dance game but not sure which

since christmas I have lost roughly 2lb a week, without the wii fit, so hopefully it will continue at a good rate

have cut right back on snacks and started experimenting with low fat or low carb meals

will be please with self if get down to 12 stone by cruise

Hi all!

latin princess ~ welcome to the thread!:D Sounds like you're doing great in trying to lose those pounds! Do you have trouble with one side on the hula hoop? I can only do about 15 to the right but over 250 to the left?:confused:

Last night I used my Wii to watch Netflix, "Doc Martin". Have you watched that series?

Taterhead ~ there are enough choices on the Wii to keep one moving!;)

Like latin princess, I find the boxing a good work out but hate the way the voice says "you can do better than that!".:(

Have a nice weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! How is everyone doing? I just busted out my wii After About 5 months!:( I Bought a nice 50 inch tv and set everything up in the family room and my wii says "can't read disk" for the wii fit plus.:eek: I tried everything and read the book and still nothing. On the bright side, I did find a "sports" disk I didn't know I had and so much fun with the bowling I did it for almost an hour. I can feel it today in left buttock big time! Anyway, the sport disk worked great so I know it is the fit plus disk not the system. I really had to search and could only find a used disk at our local Game Store. I was so bummed as my disk was hardly used, can't understand what happened to it. Anyone have any experience with the new system, U ? I am hoping to keep up with the wii this time, it is so much fun!

HI all!

mamaboss ~ great that you're Wiiing again but too bad about the Fit disk.

I don't know anything about U, sorry. Wii bowling is fun. I've been on a seniors' league doing it for a few years now & it's starting up again next week. We only bowl one game so it's not much exercise but is a lot of fun.

Have a nice weekend & Happy Easter.

• 8 months later...

Hi all!

Nice to see some activity here (no pun intended!);).

I use my Wii Fit & track calories with "My Fitness Pal". You can enter exercises on it too so enter how many minutes of Fit then how many steps I take during the day from my pedometer.

A Fit Bit sounds neat, I think DD has one but aren't they expensive?

I'll have to read the link.

I also use MFP. I first had a fit bit "zip". Very small and clipped it to my bra. Was very, very useful for 59.99. They are waterproof however I accidently thew mine in the washer twice! Second time was my downfall, lol. I decided to purchase the new charge hr for 149.00. They do have cheaper fitbit or another brand. I am one that needs to see my work to keep going so I love my wrist fitbit. Plus it's unlikely I will wash it in the washer. Lol. It is also waterproof to a small extent but not to put directly in water.