Victory or Sensation

scotgrl75

I have been on a cruise once before but this is my husbands first time.

We are travelling with our 3 boys ( 10, 6 and 3 ) and have 2 cruises that are similar cost and itinerary so not sure what would be best.

Any feedback would be great as to what ship we should choose, Victory or Sensation ?

Pros and Cons of each would be great.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I was just on the Victory, she's in decent shape and all her rooms have been redone. What I find lacking is specialty restaurants, after sailing the Breeze and Vista, it's hard to come back to these older ships. The same is true for onboard activities, bigger ships have a lot more going on to keep you busy throughout the day.

Besides this, we found the crew to be super helpful. MDR food was good as well as the buffet. The only two thumbs down are the shows. If you've been sailing with Carnival, you've seen these before. Welcome aboard show with the inflatable ship has really got to go.

Victory is due for another dry dock in Jan 2018, hoping they add some specialty restaurants and a water park like the Glory. If I had to choose, would go with the Glory.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally, I liked Victory better than Sensation. I'm just kind of over the Fantasy-class ships. :) But with 3 kids, I think I'd recommend Sensation. It has a Waterworks area with several water slides.

Thanks all - I decided a couple of weeks ago to do the Victory since it ended up being cheaper by about $300 for a balcony versus an ocean view on the Sensation.

We leave on 05/29, I will be sure to let you know how it goes!!

I have been on a cruise once before but this is my husbands first time.

We are travelling with our 3 boys ( 10, 6 and 3 ) and have 2 cruises that are similar cost and itinerary so not sure what would be best.

Any feedback would be great as to what ship we should choose, Victory or Sensation ?

Pros and Cons of each would be great.

Thanks in advance

The Sensation has a mini water park that I don't believe the Victory has. It is suitable for small children. This is what the one in the Inspiration looks like ...

DSC_7500_zpsfb5ca3ee.jpg

DSC_7505_zps55034649.jpg

DSC_7506_zps6381eba5.jpg

DSC_7507_zpseef97c9c.jpg

DSC_7511_zpseecb3fd3.jpg

DSC_7512_zpsa71d1eb0.jpg