Just off Elation; Ask Away!!!

Yay! I am in elation on May 29. It's my first cruise ever. What was your top 5 fave things on your cruise. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1. Ease of navigating the ship

2. The staff is very friendly

3. Senor Frogs at each port

4. The piano bar

5. Met really nice people and made new friends. It was our first cruise as well and we just relished the rest and relaxation. We made it a point not to HAVE to be on the go the entire time. Vacations are to relax not worry about the next show, or excursion, or whatever.

What cabin did you have and had it been updated (old tube TV or flat screen, ugly pink cabinets or new wood grain)? I find it interesting they are upgrading cabins before the month long dry dock. They must be not selling certain cabins on some sailings in order to do that work?

What cabin did you have and had it been updated (old tube TV or flat screen, ugly pink cabinets or new wood grain)? I find it interesting they are upgrading cabins before the month long dry dock. They must be not selling certain cabins on some sailings in order to do that work?

We were in U128, Deck 6 Oceanview. It had not been updated but it wasn't bad at all. There is room to move around, it was clean. But really, besides sleeping, what kind of time are really spending in your room? We had the tv on for noise but were we disappointed it wasn't a flat screen? Not in the least. The shower had plenty of water pressure and hot water.

How was embarkation and debarkation? Sorry you missed HMC it is a nice place to visit. I didn't realize the weather was bad that far south.

It rained all day Sunday (was supposed to be Freeport) and the forecast for Monday (HMC) was for strong winds so being a tender port they cancelled it. So Sunday became our sea day (was supposed to be Wednesday), hit Key West Monday, Nassau Tuesday, and Freeport Wednesday. Embarkation wasn't too bad. We got there at 1:30 and there was a pretty good line but it moved pretty quick. I'd say within 30 minutes we were walking on board. Debarkation was a hurry up and wait game. It was at least an hour by the time we walked off the ship and got through customs. Even with that we were in our car heading home by 10:15 a.m.

We were in U128, Deck 6 Oceanview. It had not been updated but it wasn't bad at all. There is room to move around, it was clean. But really, besides sleeping, what kind of time are really spending in your room? We had the tv on for noise but were we disappointed it wasn't a flat screen? Not in the least. The shower had plenty of water pressure and hot water.

We were your neighbors in U124. We did have a flat screen TV, but it was just in the box that the old tube one sat in. I did hit my head on the box at least once. I did see some of the halls that had been updated. It looked like a total different ship in those areas.

We were your neighbors in U124. We did have a flat screen TV, but it was just in the box that the old tube one sat in. I did hit my head on the box at least once. I did see some of the halls that had been updated. It looked like a total different ship in those areas.

My apologies!! LOL I'm pretty sure ours wasn't a flat screen but then I didn't pay much attention to it. But I was pleased with the room overall. The only "complaint" about anything was the food. I found it to be mediocre but still it dampen our trip.

I am one of those people that read reviews. :) I had to stop reading because one person would say how horrible this ship is and others were like it's great for the price.

This will be my first cruise (July 20th) so therefore I have no expectations other than I plan on having a GREAT time. We have interior rooms which tbh I am not really concerned about because I don't plan on spending a lot of time in there.

After reading on these boards I have this huge list of things people recommend taking.I don't plan on taking them all..haha..just reading as much as possible since I haven't ever been. If you had to list 5 things you couldn't live without while on the Elation..what would they be?

Because of weather we missed HMC but got Key West instead so we couldn't really complain. That and Nassau were probably our favorites. We ended up walking to the beach in Nassau and found it to be more then adequate.

Nice to know. It seems none was missed after all.

Thanks for the response.

It rained all day Sunday (was supposed to be Freeport) and the forecast for Monday (HMC) was for strong winds so being a tender port they cancelled it. So Sunday became our sea day (was supposed to be Wednesday), hit Key West Monday, Nassau Tuesday, and Freeport Wednesday. Embarkation wasn't too bad. We got there at 1:30 and there was a pretty good line but it moved pretty quick. I'd say within 30 minutes we were walking on board. Debarkation was a hurry up and wait game. It was at least an hour by the time we walked off the ship and got through customs. Even with that we were in our car heading home by 10:15 a.m.

Thanks!