Observations from Carnival Freedom

bob7judy

We just returned today from the Freedom. Our room steward, Joachim, told us he would be cleaning our room in the AM. Others in our group, he gave a choice and they chose AM and PM. They also received towel animals each day. We got one on each of the last three days. The first two days he changed towels in the evening but after that he put the Fun Times in the mailbox. We only saw him one time after the first day as we were walking down the hall. He did call us by name. The $16/day for internet is not worth it. I waited 33 minutes before I gave up trying to download my email. Also, the $5 to stay in contact with others in party does not work if the parties don't read their messages. LOL The cruise director was funny the two times we encountered him and all of his crew were very good and friendly. The Lip Sync Finals was a real fun show. The waiters did not sing and dance every night. I think 4 of the 7 nights.

bob7judy, sorry about your issues on the Freedom. I had a similar experience on the Splendor last Sept.

As for the internet, my experience on the Splendor was that I could only download my emails while on an outside upper deck. it worked sporadically on promenade deck, but did not work at all in my room, which meant I had to take the ipad with me when I went out for the day. That was a pain, as I usually like to only carry my sail and sign in a small pouch. Anyway, I did bring this issue to the attention to the guest services desk, and was politely told sorry but nothing we can do. (which I expected), but I did also email Carnival customer care post cruise and told them that I did not think it was worth the cost they charged me to have such intermittent internet service. They ended up refunding me half the cost, which I think was fair, because I did get my email albeit with some difficulty.

just saying, it might be worth a try. Not sure you will get the same result as it always depends on who you get to handle your issue, but still worth a try imo.

thanks for your review.

Your comments about your cabin steward are disturbing. Did you request twice daily service or speak to him again after not receiving evening service?

We did not request twice a day as we were ok with fresh towels in the evening, but we did have to request them when needed after the first two days.

One thing I forgot to mention was that on elegant night, there were very few jackets on the men. Mostly just nice shirts and some with jeans. The women were more dressed up than the men. But we did see one person on each of the nights denied entry. On the second one they sent a guy to change while they allowed his wife in a long sleeve flannel shirt. I thought he would have to change his t-shirt but he changed his pants and returned in the same non-collared shirt.