2.0 upgrades on Elation anytime soon?

grammajoy58

Does anyone know if Elation will be getting the 2.0 upgrades anytime soon? Also ,has anyone been on Ecstasy recently that can comment on the service because I have heard some not so good things elsewhere and may switch to Elation instead.Thanks for any info!

Yes! The Elation is booked for a month long dry dock from 8/31-9/27 this year. I haven't found a comprehensive list of the upgrades but a month long dry dock and expecting them to get the 2.0 upgrades. I'm looking forward to my cruise on her in October, should be nice and refreshed.

I don't know that it's been "officially" said, but there has been quite a bit of chatter about the Fantasy class getting the 2.0 updates (guys, blue iguana, rum and tequila bars, and alchemy bar). I would also hope that this month long dry dock also includes cabin overhauls. It's time to say goodbye to the pink closets!

Yes! The Elation is booked for a month long dry dock from 8/31-9/27 this year. I haven't found a comprehensive list of the upgrades but a month long dry dock and expecting them to get the 2.0 upgrades. I'm looking forward to my cruise on her in October, should be nice and refreshed.

We're on her in Oct too, just after dry dock.

The CSR's aren't sure exactly what updates she is getting. They said to check in June. The comprehensive list will hopefully be released by then.

• 1 month later...
I don't know that it's been "officially" said, but there has been quite a bit of chatter about the Fantasy class getting the 2.0 updates (guys, blue iguana, rum and tequila bars, and alchemy bar). I would also hope that this month long dry dock also includes cabin overhauls. It's time to say goodbye to the pink closets!

Where on the ship will be the Alchemy bar? what is it replacing?

John Heald stated on his blog that Elation would be getting Guy's, Blue Iguana, Alchemy Bar and Cherry on Top for certain. He stated in an earlier post that she was due for complete cabin and public area remodeling as well.

It's been said in various other places that it may also receive the Red Frog rum bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, but this isn't verified.

Several posters who have cruised on her recently have stated that renovations have already begun on cabins and hallways on several decks.

We are really looking forward to our cruise on her in November! She should look almost like a new ship!

• 1 month later...
John Heald stated on his blog that Elation would be getting Guy's, Blue Iguana, Alchemy Bar and Cherry on Top for certain. He stated in an earlier post that she was due for complete cabin and public area remodeling as well.

It's been said in various other places that it may also receive the Red Frog rum bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, but this isn't verified.

Several posters who have cruised on her recently have stated that renovations have already begun on cabins and hallways on several decks.

We are really looking forward to our cruise on her in November! She should look almost like a new ship!

Yes to the Guy's, Blue Iguana, Cherry on Top, Red Frog, and Tequila bar (per the official email sent to me by our CCL travel planner). We did a ship tour in April and they were renovating the bottom deck. We inquired with a friend who sailed in May, and they had moved up a few decks (we live in JAX, so it's easy for us to get updates from friends who sail on her).

They're also renovating the dining rooms, not adding any specialty dining restaurants, and they're in the works of doing the "Water Works" plan- they don't plan on having it done by the end of the dry dock. They're also updating the kids' club.

So, John Heald was wrong in the Elation getting the Alchemy bar?

I didn't seen the Alchemy bar on the list she sent me,but I'm a fan of surprises so I'm still crossing my fingers. I'm also hoping that with the additions of balcony staterooms, it gives the Junior Suites a little bump up. I'm doubtful though because when we did our ship tour in April, they only mentioned upgrades to carpet and bathrooms. So now I'm thinking that the suites on deck 11 are going to be considered balcony rooms. We'll have to see!