Guarantee Room

Looking at my cruise, there is the option of a guarantee ocean view room and my travel agent has confirmed the upgrade price from our interior ocean view is only £100 total. The only specified rooms available are Family Ocean View rooms - does that make it pretty likely it is one of those we will be allocated or are they likely to have hidden rooms left to allocate to the guarantee category? I realise no-one can guarantee what will happen but anyone seen something similar before?

Looking at my cruise, there is the option of a guarantee ocean view room and my travel agent has confirmed the upgrade price from our interior ocean view is only £100 total. The only specified rooms available are Family Ocean View rooms - does that make it pretty likely it is one of those we will be allocated or are they likely to have hidden rooms left to allocate to the guarantee category? I realise no-one can guarantee what will happen but anyone seen something similar before?

No.

Often there are cabins that gave been set aside for agents and when the agent notifies that some are unsold you may get one of those.

Alternately they may decide to offer upgrades to other passengers then give you those cabins

They may offer up sells to other passengers to balconies, freeing up O/Vs

There may be cancellations

I certainly wouldn't count on getting the family oceanview

Looking at my cruise, there is the option of a guarantee ocean view room and my travel agent has confirmed the upgrade price from our interior ocean view is only £100 total.

I'm a bit confused what kind of stateroom you have presently. If you have an inside (no outside view), then I would take the guarantee. If you already have an real outside view (not a video view), then I would not take the guarantee.

There is no such thing as an "interior ocean view". It's either an inside cabin or an ocean view cabin.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Apologies for the typo, obviously had ocean view on the brain. We had an inside cabin, have now gone for the ocean view guarantee and patiently awaiting our allocation.

The option for a guarantee ocean view is now gone on our sailing while the family ocean views still remain so looks like we are getting one of the hidden rooms remaining.

The allocation has come through last night, so we did get the family ocean view in the end. It's right at the front of the ship but almost twice the size of our inside cabin so much more room for us along with the cot for our son.

I must read WAY too much online... I read it as my travel agent has confirmed the upgrade price from our interior TO AN ocean view is only £100 total.

Then I saw Bob and xxoocruiser reply and I had to go back and reread it

What does this say about me :rolleyes: The crap I read all day is far from english and/or grammatically correct :eek: