Car rental in Portland....

Minorhawk

I know it has been mentioned here before, but I am curious as to the easiest way to rent a car in Portland AND are there any great routes to drive to see the fall foliage?

We will be in Portland on Saturday October 13 from 7am-6pm...Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shelly

I know it has been mentioned here before, but I am curious as to the easiest way to rent a car in Portland AND are there any great routes to drive to see the fall foliage?

We will be in Portland on Saturday October 13 from 7am-6pm...Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shelly

Enterprise Car Rental on Marginal Way (Portland) is the closest car rental company. I would call them and ask about pick up and drop off.

Foliage is different every year, so even though your trip is only a few weeks away, it's still a little early to determine where the foliage peak will be when you are here. I

Here's a link to a foliage website which you can check as you get closer to the date. If you post a few days before you are leaving, I'll give you some ideas, based on the map!

http://www.maine.gov/doc/foliage/report/index.shtml

(as you can see Southern Maine is reporting "low" at the moment!)

• 1 month later...
I got the car handled...I will check back before we "leave" (see what I did there??!!) Haha...Thanks again!!

How early were you able to get your car for? We are only in port until 3pm (which means a 2:30 all aboard) and I want to have as much time as possible. I haven't called yet, but the Enterprise site says they do not open until 9am on Saturdays. I wonder if they make exceptions during cruise season?

Thanks.

• 2 years later...
How early were you able to get your car for? We are only in port until 3pm (which means a 2:30 all aboard) and I want to have as much time as possible. I haven't called yet, but the Enterprise site says they do not open until 9am on Saturdays. I wonder if they make exceptions during cruise season?

Thanks.

I am looking for a car rental on a Saturday and Enterprise opens at 9 and closes at 12. There must be someone else that rents at pier! Help!

Kathy

I am looking for a car rental on a Saturday and Enterprise opens at 9 and closes at 12. There must be someone else that rents at pier! Help!

Kathy

Yea, I have the same problem and could not come up with any other solution. You can drop off the car later than 12N--they have a drop box for keys.

We ended up giving up on the car idea. We did a wonderful land and sea tour at http://www.portlanddiscovery.com/tours/portland-maine-land-and-sea-tours/

You can see my pictures from the day at my share site.

The only negatives were a lack of restrooms or seating when we were waiting the 40 minutes between our tours. Not really enough time to go any where, but too long to just stand around.

Also, we enjoyed this day so much, we were disappointed that our tour in Halifax did not even come close to measuring up to this experience. :rolleyes: