San Diego Flight

BlackJack2

After the cruise - Is a 12:30 PM flight out of San Diego too early? I’ve heard that getting off the ship in San Diego can be time consuming with many delays.

Unless there is some reason the ship is having major difficulties getting in or disembarking, the airport is literally walking distance (for a walker with no luggage) from the port. A cab ride, maybe 10 mins.

You should be fine with a 12:30 departure. In fact, if you get off the ship really quickly, you may be looking at killing some time. LOL

I take the train to/from San Diego cruises...but that said, on my past 2 cruises I would have missed a 12:30pm flight.

There seem to be two issues. All passengers must clear US Immigration on-board before anyone is allowed to disembark. On the most recent cruise, several non-US citizens apparently ignored the bulletins and "reminders" the day before and on arrival. Then they seemed to ignore the shipwide announcements to report to the theater immediately. Disembarkation finally happened around 1045am, and my friend missed her noon flight. I ran the 2 blocks to the Amtrak depot and made the 11am train which was delayed.

The other problem is when there are 2 ships arriving...it really delays things.

I know these are merely anecdotes based on experience...you may very well end up waiting for the 10:30am flight, looking for ways to pass the time at the airport.

When is the next *available* flight, and what are the consequences of missing the 12:30?

Edited by kenish