Cozumel vow renewal

jesmywork

Hello,

My husband and I will are wanting to renew our vows for our 20 year anniversary while at port in Cozumel in October. Looking for any recommendations and tips to keep it inexpensive since we just want something simple. Nachi Cocom quoted us $600 just for the ministry service, bouquet, cake, champagne, chairs and arch. The price doesn't include the $55 for the entrance fee per person. Wanting to see if there's other less expensive options.

Earlier this year they quoted $325 for fewer adults and now $600 for 4 more adults. I guess I don't understand why the big price difference when the only thing changing should be the size of the cake.

When are you having your renewals done? Congratulations!! Would love to hear about it.

You could try Weddings by Sky Reef _ they have built a wooden chapel overlooking the ocean, although there is no real beach, if that is important.

Other places suggested in the past Playa Azul, Buccanos and Punta Morena, possibly Sanchos, Palancar or Playa Uvas

Depending on how organized you want it, and how many people, there are quiet beaches on the east coast.

Weird! Ours is just the two of us so maybe that made a difference.

We're going in the beginning of July. Thanks!! I'll post back and let you know!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you don't mind me asking, how much are they charging you?

You could try Weddings by Sky Reef _ they have built a wooden chapel overlooking the ocean, although there is no real beach, if that is important.

Other places suggested in the past Playa Azul, Buccanos and Punta Morena, possibly Sanchos, Palancar or Playa Uvas

Depending on how organized you want it, and how many people, there are quiet beaches on the east coast.

Thank you! I haven't looked into those places.

i'm interested in ideas for when we do our western caribbean cruise in january 2018 too, i found a good review here for a mayan wedding vow renewal that looks really nice: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g150809-d2471675-r457469009-This_Is_Cozumel-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#REVIEWS

does anyone know what a mayan ceremony is like?

Someone else is considering a renewal on a cruise that includes Coz and I suggested that rather than a resort or beach setting they look at a ceremony at a Mayan ruin site (or other natural setting like a cenote) and then go to a beach club or a beach. Something smaller and more personal which is what we did on our 25th when I surprised my wife and 6 friends.

After seeing several, several weddings and vow renewals at resorts around the Carib and at beach clubs throughout Mexico, they process several in a day and it's like an "assembly line" and typically very "cookie cutter", at least from our experience. Just not a special event after seeing so many that way.

Something more personal with a minister, champagne, and just close friends at a Mayan ruin site would be very intimate and unique as compared to a resort setting, and you can find assistance from facilitators just by googling.

Just a thought for something more memorable!

I'm sure any setting will be nice and will be memorable, and congratulations on your celebration!

• 4 weeks later...

I asked the planner for Nachi Cocom why there was a difference in price from $325 to $600 and she said it was for tha gazebo instead of the table and chairs. So I think I'm going to book there without the chairs. Now I just need a photographer. There's one that works there but I'm looking for better quality if anyone knows of one. Again, thanks for all the suggestions. :D

• 2 months later...

If you know a photographer offer to pay for their cruise in exchange for them to photograph your wedding. Im talking inside guarantee cabin, the cheapest you can find.

If they would like to bring a guest they have to pay for the guest and that could save you money.

If ur going on a 4 or 5 night cruise that's around $600ish solo in an inside cabin. Plus they could photograph the entire event. Bride and groom getting ready, 1st look, ceremony, reception.

Even if the cabin cost up to $1000 you will still get a good deal.

Look for a photographer building their business. They'll jump at the opportunity to have a cruise and beach wedding in their portfolio. Plus they get a free cruise!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
If you know a photographer offer to pay for their cruise in exchange for them to photograph your wedding. Im talking inside guarantee cabin, the cheapest you can find.

If they would like to bring a guest they have to pay for the guest and that could save you money.

If ur going on a 4 or 5 night cruise that's around $600ish solo in an inside cabin. Plus they could photograph the entire event. Bride and groom getting ready, 1st look, ceremony, reception.

Even if the cabin cost up to $1000 you will still get a good deal.

Look for a photographer building their business. They'll jump at the opportunity to have a cruise and beach wedding in their portfolio. Plus they get a free cruise!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I second this suggestion. They could take photos of you on the ship on formal night, by the pool, sail away etc