Paul Gauguin January 10th!

Jim Avery

• 1 month later...
The documents are here! Must be for real. Nicely presented documents. Good change from the print it all yourself way most other lines are taking.

Dear Mr. Jim Avery,

We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year to PG fans. We hope to become one soon. Less than 10 days to go. Long time SeaDream/Seabourn sailors looking forward to PG's version of all inclusive in French Polynesia! Looks very quiet on the roll call so not sure if the ship is sold out or not. Who cares? I have my tropical shirts and flip flops all ready to go.:D:D

Why wait??? Do it now. You never know what will happen later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My thoughts as well. If I run out of money before I run out of time, well so be it. I will stay home and pull weeds.:D:D

Our plan was see the world before 65 and after this year we would have almost completed our bucket list. Yes this will mean that once retired we will travel less but why not do it now rather than later has been our philosophy.

Of course I do understand that some people have family commitments and have to care for elderly relatives or put kids through college.

Our plan was see the world before 65 and after this year we would have almost completed our bucket list. Yes this will mean that once retired we will travel less but why not do it now rather than later has been our philosophy.

Of course I do understand that some people have family commitments and have to care for elderly relatives or put kids through college.

Yes, do what you can, when you can. I believe it was John Lennon who said "Life is what happens while you are making other plans". :D:D

Jim enjoy your time on the Paul Gauguin. We have to wait until August, but it will be number three in three years. You will catch the flu,it's hard not to. Maybe you will be lucky and win the ship chart, like we did last year. Just had it framed for my husband Christmas present. ImageUploadedByForums1420334784.359408.jpg.8e28e60aecea96ced9bf45ed8bb67339.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! Loved the "number nine" tie in. Many a strange night when that was a new song.:eek: Really looking forward to the PG.:D That ship's chart looks great. I would be all over that.

Edited by Jim Avery

Just about ready to pack for Saturday! Spoke with Air Tahiti Nui today to find out the checkin details as they do not do online checkin. Have to have the boarding pass before going through security. So, which is better for dealing with LAX terminal 1 arrival/ Intl Terminal departure/ ATN experience, Valium or Xanax?? Just kidding (maybe). We are arriving on Southwest in Terminal 1 at 8:55am. Air Tahiti Nui rep says their counter opens 3 hours before departure (3:30pm). So that gives us 3.5 hours to get from Terminal 1 to TB Intl Terminal. Seems like the A shuttle bus and wait for ATN to open is the only option. Any veteran LAXers with hints? Not sure what to expect as this is the first time changing terminals in LAX. We have only flown in or out domestically before. Still, the image of PG at the end of the long day should keep us going. We are planning on having them confiscate our carry ons because it is a pound or two over the 22lbs and are taking all the goodies in a computer bag and larger purse. Depending on wifi on PG I will try to post a few impressions from time to time. We are repeat SeaDream/Seabourn travelers and much prefer small all inclusive ships to the rest of the pack. Will be in touch.:D

We had a long layover in Tom Bradley a few years back and went upstairs to a fairly decent restaurant, can't remember the name. Had lunch and a beer, reasonably relaxing, considering. You will probably find that people start lining up at the ATN counter longer than three hours before the flight. They used to sell Business upgrades at the counter, fairly cheaply, so that's probably why.

No matter what, it's worth it, and soon you'll be on my favorite ship!

Jim you won't have any problems going from terminal 1 to ATN. Just think of the airport as a horseshoe and ATN is in the middle of the horseshoe. You can actually walk from terminal one to ATN if you don't have tons of luggage. We usually have one rolling bag and one carry on each and I have my purse and he carries my camera bag. They just refurnish the Tom Bradley terminal and there are lots of places to eat and walk through. There are some places upstairs you can also sit before the check in counters open up. Have a great trip and can't wait for your pictures. We're on countdown now too. August 29 can't can fast enough for us. Third trip in three years. Been very blessed to be able to keep going back to the South Pacific and enjoy the people and the land.:D:D:D

We just came back from Tahiti in early Dec. Just did our 9th and 10th cruise.

We also flew in on Southwest, rather then take the shuttle bus to Bradley International, we decided to get one of those luggage carts( we just found one) you can rent one for 3 or 4$. It's a lot eaiser, to put all your luggage on the cart and walk to Bradley. It's hard getting the luggage on and off the shuttle bus. Not only that, then you can wheel your luggage all around the terminal, have lunch and then check in.😃

Anyway, have a wonderful time. The Paul/ G is the BEST😍

Everyone on the ship, staff and crew really go out of there way to please you!

I can't wait to go again😄

Zoey4545

Lucy and Alfred

Thanks for all the kind wishes and good info. Not sure what we were thinking when we booked the air but our home NW of PHX is 5.5hrs from LAX (Mapquest). So, instead of 1 hr to PHX, 1 hr for security, etc. 1 hour flight. 5 hours waiting at LAX., we have cancelled Southwest (booked with points so they go back in the account), booked the LAX Hilton for a stay and park package Friday with free shuttle to and from TBIT. I have driven in LA before as well as dropping a hire car off at LAX so the crappy traffic is anticipated. Sleep in on Saturday, have breakfast and show up at the ATN counter a bit before opening time. Hope for the best and have a couple of vodka/tonics when on board. :D:D