Is Krka National Park awfully strenuous?

Celebrity’s shore excursion from Zadar to Krka has a maximum age of 70. Is visiting Krka so strenuous that I should worry about it (I admit that I am slightly over 70, but I can hike and walk without difficulty) if I go there on a private tour, or is Celebrity just being overly cautious and arbitrary? Does anyone know why they would put such an age restriction on the excursion? Exception for that restriction, it doesn’t sound like one would need to be a super athlete to do it.

Methinks Celebrity is overreacting. I have no idea what's on the tour, of course but I seriously doubt they are going to take random passengers on a rough hike. lovely place.

I suspect that you're right. There is nothing in the tour description that sounds at all rough. I may need to reserve under someone else's name or go with an independent tour operator.

Not strenuous at all. Lots of boardwalk-type walkways. Lots of beautiful, small rushing waterways. QUOTE]

It looks so pretty; I really hope that I can get there.

My wife and I have been twice, once in June, from a cruise ship and the second time, in October, whilst staying in Croatia.

It is a beautiful destination, with an abundance of wildlife. Hopefully you'll be going in the summer, as it was a little cool in late October.

I would take a taxi from the port and ask the driver to collect you later, or ask the tourist office to call you a cab for the return.

You take a boat along the river, to the park, then walk up one side, across the boardwalks, then down the other.

The first time we visited, we took the local bus, thinking the cabs to be expensive, but this was an error and we wasted valuable time.

Possibly the best way would be to book in advance and have a driver and guide, if possible.

My wife and I have been twice, once in June, from a cruise ship and the second time, in October, whilst staying in Croatia.

It is a beautiful destination, with an abundance of wildlife. Hopefully you'll be going in the summer, as it was a little cool in late October.

I would take a taxi from the port and ask the driver to collect you later, or ask the tourist office to call you a cab for the return.

You take a boat along the river, to the park, then walk up one side, across the boardwalks, then down the other.

The first time we visited, we took the local bus, thinking the cabs to be expensive, but this was an error and we wasted valuable time.

Possibly the best way would be to book in advance and have a driver and guide, if possible.

We are going next summer and I saw this from a private company at 70 € per person (only $74 per person at today's exchange rate). Unfortunately, it's 130 per person with only two. I would think a round trip taxi with an hour each way would be 100 €. How much was your R/T taxi?

Edited by hubofhockey

We are going next summer and I saw this from a private company at 70 € per person (only $74 per person at today's exchange rate). Unfortunately, it's 130 per person with only two. I would think a round trip taxi with an hour each way would be 100 €. How much was your R/T taxi?

We went one way by bus, which was a cheap mistake, costing us much valuable time. We took the taxi to ensure we didn't miss the ship! I can't remember the fare.

Have you considered renting a car?

We went one way by bus, which was a cheap mistake, costing us much valuable time. We took the taxi to ensure we didn't miss the ship! I can't remember the fare.

Have you considered renting a car?

We are still a year away. I would probably not want to rent a car. The inconvenience of pick up drop off and parking is not something I like to deal with for one day.

• 1 year later...