Ensenada | Getting from pier into town

http404

The shuttle gets you to the beginning of the real touristy part of the main tourist street. Depending on where you want to go, it can be up to another quarter mile.

If you google Ensenada and look at the map, the shuttle drops you off at the Plaza de Las Tres Cabezas (Big Head Plaza) at Macheros and Transpeninsular Hwy.

You can also take a taxi into town.

The shuttle drops you off at the Plaza de Las Tres Cabezas (Big Head Plaza) at Macheros and Transpeninsular Hwy.

Or, better yet, Three Heads plaza! Or perhaps Three BIG Heads... :D Unfortunately, in our opinion, Ensenada is a creepy dump, especially when comparing to the resort cities.

Regards, Ned

Or, better yet, Three Heads plaza! Or perhaps Three BIG Heads... :D Unfortunately, in our opinion, Ensenada is a creepy dump, especially when comparing to the resort cities.

Regards, Ned

That's just it. Ensenada isn't a resort town. It's a regular Mexican city that doesn't cater to American tourists.

We prefer it over the commercialized, built for tourist areas.

Regards, Ned

Wow Ned, that is some really good info there.

Thanks for your help dip*****.

The shuttle gets you to the beginning of the real touristy part of the main tourist street. Depending on where you want to go, it can be up to another quarter mile.

If you google Ensenada and look at the map, the shuttle drops you off at the Plaza de Las Tres Cabezas (Big Head Plaza) at Macheros and Transpeninsular Hwy.

You can also take a taxi into town.

Thank you. Are there cabs at the pier inside the gate?

I don't remember seeing taxi's inside the security gates but it's been a couple of years since we were last there. The white busses are lined up to take passengers into town people either walk into town or take the bus.

Have you considered doing the blow hole excursion (not thru the cruiseline!)?

It's all bus ride there and back. I think it's a couple of hundred yards from where they park the bus to the actual blowhole. Lots of shopping/fish tacos right there. Then they drop you off in the downtown area where you can shop/eat some more then ride the shuttle back (or taxi). If you hire a taxi in town I remember you want to find the "taxi dude" (there's probably an actual name for his role). He's standing on a corner with taxis lined up. He arranges the taxi ride and will confirm the fare for you. I think it's only a couple of bucks back to the boat.

Ensenada is not a resort town, but they don't bill it as one either. We always have fun when we go there: go to the different shops, margaritas at Hussong's, walk next door and eat a plate full of good tacos (at Tacos Lindos).

Thank you. Are there cabs at the pier inside the gate?

Depends on which dock you are at. The first dock has limited parking so the taxis line up a bit towards the street.

The further dock has a large parking lot.

I don't remember seeing taxi's inside the security gates but it's been a couple of years since we were last there. The white busses are lined up to take passengers into town people either walk into town or take the bus.

Have you considered doing the blow hole excursion (not thru the cruiseline!)?

It's all bus ride there and back. I think it's a couple of hundred yards from where they park the bus to the actual blowhole. Lots of shopping/fish tacos right there. Then they drop you off in the downtown area where you can shop/eat some more then ride the shuttle back (or taxi). If you hire a taxi in town I remember you want to find the "taxi dude" (there's probably an actual name for his role). He's standing on a corner with taxis lined up. He arranges the taxi ride and will confirm the fare for you. I think it's only a couple of bucks back to the boat.

Ensenada is not a resort town, but they don't bill it as one either. We always have fun when we go there: go to the different shops, margaritas at Hussong's, walk next door and eat a plate full of good tacos (at Tacos Lindos).

Thanks PP, We are actually Ensenada veterans. We have been there dozens of times and my MIL lives right next to La Bufadora. I'm just looking for an easy way to get into town without pushing a wheelchair all the way.

Thanks PP, We are actually Ensenada veterans. We have been there dozens of times and my MIL lives right next to La Bufadora. I'm just looking for an easy way to get into town without pushing a wheelchair all the way.

Ask the shuttle drivers. A few years back one of our group was in a wheelchair. They said one of the drivers called a special taxi for her. She was able to transfer on her own, with minimal help, into the taxi.

Regards, Ned

I've never thought of Ensenada as creepy. Kind of a strange description. Sure, it isn't like Puerto Vallarta but creepy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never thought of Ensenada as creepy. Kind of a strange description. Sure, it isn't like Puerto Vallarta but creepy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mazatlan gave me the creeps. Ensenada... well, Hussongs margaritas left me with a fuzzy memory ;)

• 2 months later...