Cruise cheaper than when i first booked

Hi does anybody know if after booking a cruise online and the price comes down by £200 could i ring up Thomson and tell them this how likely is it i will get the difference ? All the details are the same for example deck,AI,etc thanks in advance Sue:eek:

Hi does anybody know if after booking a cruise online and the price comes down by £200 could i ring up Thomson and tell them this how likely is it i will get the difference ? All the details are the same for example deck,AI,etc thanks in advance Sue:eek:

No chance whatsoever! You agreed to the price when you booked - and companies are entitled to change prices as they wish (demand is low they reduce prices, demand increases and the price will rise again).

I am sure that you will find this in the small print of your booking details.

Sadly, booking early is no guarantee of getting the best price.

Edited by campolady

No chance whatsoever! You agreed to the price when you booked - and companies are entitled to change prices as they wish (demand is low they reduce prices, demand increases and the price will rise again).

I am sure that you will find this in the small print of your booking details.

Sadly, booking early is no guarantee of getting the best price.

Campolady thankyou for that :)

Pricing for cruises are always fluid. There's no guarantee of cheap rates at any time. They go up and down, based on interest, website activity etc. You just have a take a chance.

Our American friends get a better deal. They can cancel and re-book without penalty with RCI. They do it all the time and get great rates!

I'm booking 3 months before we wish to leave to ensure a cheaper price. All June ones next year are in the 900pp whereas this June they are 600'spp

How are you "ensuring" a cheaper price (and cheaper than what ?) by booking 3 months in advance ?

Just seen your post Sue, I have posted something similar this morning, the price of our cruise has come down by £300 each, so I rang the company that I made the booking with, and said nothing could be done except cancel the cruise and rebook at the new price, I would lose my £400 deposit plus have to pay again the £400 deposit, but in my case I will be saving myself £200. You would think the company could do something to help, I asked if I could be upgraded to a balcony from our outside cabin, this would then be the price we are paying , but a big fat NO was the reply :-(

as someone posted previously, if your cruise price went up by £300 per person and thomson called and asked you for the extra what would you say?

its always annoying when the price goes down (the one I booked for october has) but when you book it you are happy with the price youre paying so just dont check again if you cant deal with it :cool:

We all start off by saying we will not check the prices after booking but you just can't help it. Its the same with money exchange very good at the moment so I bought, but we don't go till September have I done the right thing? Probably not!!!!

as someone posted previously, if your cruise price went up by £300 per person and thomson called and asked you for the extra what would you say?

its always annoying when the price goes down (the one I booked for october has) but when you book it you are happy with the price youre paying so just dont check again if you cant deal with it :cool:

I didn't look Chris, the same company that sold me the holiday, sent me an email, showing me the same holiday at the reduced price, a bit of a slap in the face really !!... I can live with it though I suppose, but £600 would have been better in my pocket, for the same holiday.:rolleyes:

Wow Achoosy that is a big difference ! I just assumed the holiday price would go up the nearer the date of travel rather than down! Oh well i am still happy with what i paid just annoying when you see same cruise cheaper we are only human after all and we all like a bargain :):):)

Edited by suebubbles