Last Minute Deals

I just got a really good deal on a balcony cabin for the week of Dec 7; the company TA that I spoke to said that many people don't want to travel between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I would just look at cruises you are interested in and see what the offers are.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if using a TA from an online is as safe as booking from the cruise line directly? From past experience with airlines, I've learned that seats can not be guaranteed if using a third party booking service....which I would think would be the same as using an online TA? Anyone have an opinion on this?

Thanks.

I wonder if using a TA from an online is as safe as booking from the cruise line directly? From past experience with airlines, I've learned that seats can not be guaranteed if using a third party booking service....which I would think would be the same as using an online TA? Anyone have an opinion on this?

Thanks.

I believe it is best to use the providing company for cruise, hotel, air, rental car. All companies take care of their OWN customers first and then the customers of a third party especially in times where the cruise/room/car that you want might be in short supply (school holidays/vacation periods come to mind but sometimes it is something out of the blue like a rock concert or football game or college home coming or international yacht show). Saying this I have used my super TA Lois for 20 years and she always gets me a wonderful deal (yeah I check behind her back sometimes :o). I have been "walked" as a customer of 3rd party site but if full paying loyalty club member I have never not had reservation honored. (Your experience may be different -- I only went exclusively to provider reservations after a bad experience.)