Lake Bled

Yes!

We were there on a very rainy day and still enjoyed walking around the lake and taking a boat ride to the island.

On a clearer day (from what I have seen in photos) the scenery is spectacular.

Do some research on Trip Advisor for things to do. I cannot remember the restaurant names, but we went to the fancy one on the lakefront to try the fancy pastry the town is famous for. Later we had lunch in a wonderful, more modest place across the road from the lakefront. You can also drive up the hill and tour the castle.

Yes!

We were there on a very rainy day and still enjoyed walking around the lake and taking a boat ride to the island.

On a clearer day (from what I have seen in photos) the scenery is spectacular.

Do some research on Trip Advisor for things to do. I cannot remember the restaurant names, but we went to the fancy one on the lakefront to try the fancy pastry the town is famous for. Later we had lunch in a wonderful, more modest place across the road from the lakefront. You can also drive up the hill and tour the castle.

Thank you!! I think we are going to go for it! :)

We went to Lake Bled through a ship tour (Celebrity), and loved it!! Even my teenage children said at the end of the tour that it was worth the long drive. We had time off and enjoyed a really nice lunch there too. :)

• 3 weeks later...

We also took a ship tour to lake bled and loved it. My photos there are some of the best I have ever taken. Personally , I do a lot of excursions on our own but not with a long drive from port.... I am nervous about missing the ship. We did have a nasty traffic jam on the excursion as we approached the lake, all roads seem to converge into one entrance road in a valley.