How soon to book hotel in sydney

Desert Cruizers

Hello & thank you, we have had to modify our plans with the addition of a family member. Initially there was DH, myself and daughter, now his sister is joining us so now need to start searching again and look for something offering 2 bedrooms and a kitchen facility. The reason for this is after we return off our 13 day NZ cruise which will be April 1, of 2014, we will be spending 9 additional days sight seeing, so now looking at apartments. Our TA had us set up at the Sydney Boulevard on Williams. What area nearest the harbor would you recommend, as I figure for the 2 nights for our March 19, 2014 cruise, we could stay closer in.

Well, the closest areas to Sydney Harbour are going to be the Central Business District (CBD or downtown), Circular Quay or The Rocks. However, most of the accommodations in this area are hotels and a couple of B&Bs. If you don't have to have a kitchen for that 2-night stay, then a good choice for you might be the Bed and Breakfast Sydney Harbour which has a fabulous location in The Rocks. They have two rooms on each floor that share a bath and these are good options for families.

If you must have a kitchen, then the location of the Sydney Boulevard is pretty darn good. You could also look at the Grand Mercure Apartments One Darling Harbour. It is about equidistant from Sydney Harbour as is the Sydney Boulevard, but it's close to Darling Harbour which you may enjoy. We spent a few nights in these apartments a number of years ago and enjoyed our stay very much.

Grad, the only time we will need the kitchen is after our NZ cruise and the 9 days we will have to sight see before boarding the ROS again for our Transpacific. The 2 nights will be from March 17 to 19 of 2014 before our NZ cruise. At the moment we are set in the Boulevard thru our TA, but DH's sister joined us so now we have 4. They don't have kitchens and will need two rooms. I will look at the Grand Mercure. With DH's sister now we have to consider her finacial means as well so. I am thinking for the 2 nights in March it would be nice to be near the Harbor.:). Thank you.

I tend towards booking far in advance, for me the planning is added fun. :)

For our first nights in Sydney I wanted a self contained so booked the

http://www.meritonapartments.com.au/sydney

Meriton has several locations to choose from and several sized apartments.

For our pre-cruise I booked http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sydmc-sydney-harbour-marriott-hotel-at-circular-quay/

We are post cruising in Sydney this March, so I booked our Sydney Hilton room in June 2012. Since I booked the room, prices have doubled.

I agree with 4774Papa. I book way in advance to lock in the price. If I find a lower price or better location, I just cancel and make a new reservation.

I am one to book yrs in advance.:D, not serious but like you, if the price is right for us, then I will lock it in, so if they will take our reservations now, I will lock itn Phillip it looks like a better area for our March 17 to 19 & April 1 to 10 of 2014. Presently I am researching to suit two other people, and not just DH & myself, so makes it a little harder when your having to accomdate differantprice ranges. What we can pay the daughter can't. We are taking the daughter on this trip, so the cruises are on us, but said we will need help with the 9 days and accomodations as well as any ship tours. :)

Archived