excursion payments

Mitchie

Hi everyone. This is our first time on a Princess Cruise. I went to My Princess ect and we saved our excursions that we would like to take. MY question is when do we pay for them and how? ON RCCL we purchased them ahead of time and didn't have to worry about anything. Hope someone can help me out thanks.

Princess doesn't actually charge you until after you're on board (not sure if it's the day of your cruise that the charge goes on your account or when the deadline passes to cancel -- that's sometimes 24 to 48 hours before arrival in that port). In fact, if you decide to cancel an excursion, just drop the envelope with your tickets in the shore excursions box before the deadline listed on the tickets.

If you don't make that port (or if there's a problem such as weather conditions that causes a cancellation), you don't have to do anything.

Princess doesn't actually charge you until after you're on board (not sure if it's the day of your cruise that the charge goes on your account or when the deadline passes to cancel -- that's sometimes 24 to 48 hours before arrival in that port). In fact' date=' if you decide to cancel an excursion, just drop the envelope with your tickets in the shore excursions box before the deadline listed on the tickets.

If you don't make that port (or if there's a problem such as weather conditions that causes a cancellation), you don't have to do anything.[/quote']

Ditto. You don't actually purchase the Princess excursions until after you're onboard the ship. Like the previous poster, I'm not sure just when the excursions are debited from your sign and sail portfolio.

Hi everyone. This is our first time on a Princess Cruise. I went to My Princess ect and we saved our excursions that we would like to take. MY question is when do we pay for them and how? ON RCCL we purchased them ahead of time and didn't have to worry about anything. Hope someone can help me out thanks.

Go on the Princess website and go to your "Cruise Personalizer" (your account). You can click on "Excursions" and make a reservation for any excursion you want. You will then be considered "booked" for that excursion, and unless you cancel that booking before the deadline (24 hours before the excursion, I think, but it will say on the excursion info on the website) you will pay for it, whether you take the excursion or not (unless the excursion or port stop is cancelled, as mentioned by another poster.) The charge will show up on your onboard account, which means that if you have OBC's, they can be used to pay for excursions.

You can cancel online before you board, or onboard at the Excursions Desk or by dropping paperwork in their drop box onboard. There will be an excursions brochure in your cabin when you embark, and it will give you all the info you need regarding all available excursions and cancellation.

I do not know whether you can reserve online more than one excursion for any given time slot, for example, just to give yourselves a chance to think about it and decide later.

I do recommend you reserve your excursions ASAP, as most of the ones I wanted were booked pretty early. They do have waiting lists, but those also fill up.

Hope this helps!