Golf Cart advice?

BiXLL

DW and I really enjoy walking the beach looking for shells. We would also like to find some sea glass. Can somebody give me some ideas of what else to do with golf cart, or if we would even need one? Would there be somewhere we could go for some snorkeling? I am thinking maybe Jacks for lunch?

Cruisers have found sea glass at Governors Beach in the past. You don't need a golf cart to get there. It's a short 10 minute walk from the cruise port gate. Then on you way back you can just walk into Jack's back door from the road.

If you rent a golf cart, head to see the lighthouse and then come back and drive through Cockburntown. Not sure but north of Pillory Beach, which is just north of town, is Corktree Beach. There might be sea glass there, but that's a guess on my part.

Can I rent one at the gate when I get off or do I have to reserve one now?

I would highly recommend renting one ahead of time. There may be another ship in port with you as well so you want to be sure to get one.

With the golf cart you can ride up to the light house, through Cockburn Town, see the salt salinas, go see the prison, and just explore the island. Definitely worth the money. Plus you can stop at Governors Beach and Jack's Shack and not worry about walking everywhere.

We rented a golf cart from Wet Money and had an awesome day exploring the entire island. We went to the lighthouse and seen all the donkeys, headed to BOHIO for a little bit and had lunch, then went to Governors....BEAUTIFUL beach and very deserted. There was TONS of sea glass there!!!

Check out my review at the place in my signature line. We had an awesome day. :)

• 4 weeks later...
We rented a golf cart from Wet Money and had an awesome day exploring the entire island. We went to the lighthouse and seen all the donkeys, headed to BOHIO for a little bit and had lunch, then went to Governors....BEAUTIFUL beach and very deserted. There was TONS of sea glass there!!!

Check out my review at the place in my signature line. We had an awesome day. :)

Mitsugirly - Do you think two older women would be safe running around the island in a golf cart? Great review and pictures!

Mitsugirly - Do you think two older women would be safe running around the island in a golf cart? Great review and pictures!

Oh heck yea! I'd do it alone or just with my daughter with no problem. We barely seen anyone except when we stopped at the Lighthouse or beach. I felt very safe there. :)

Oh heck yea! I'd do it alone or just with my daughter with no problem. We barely seen anyone except when we stopped at the Lighthouse or beach. I felt very safe there. :)

The Grand Turk locals are very friendly and we all felt safe as well, to echo Mitugirly's comment.

Thanks for the thumbs up. We were thinking of doing the Hummer excursion for $99 @ person, but the golf cart sounds really good, longer and cheaper.

I have been lost and turned around and had people literally chase me down to ask if I need directions.

Very friendly population.