what is the current passport turn-around time by mail

DonnaK

• 2 weeks later...

I needed to renew my passport at the end of November 2013 -- got my new one back within 10 days and the old one (punched) back a couple of weeks later.

DH sent in his passport for renewal on April 21 -- checked was cashed on April 29. He got his new passport on May 31 and his old one back a couple of weeks later.

Never have we ever waited this long for a renewal passport. It was sent into Philadelphia but the new one came from Connecticut!!

I needed to renew my passport at the end of November 2013 -- got my new one back within 10 days and the old one (punched) back a couple of weeks later.

DH sent in his passport for renewal on April 21 -- checked was cashed on April 29. He got his new passport on May 31 and his old one back a couple of weeks later.

Never have we ever waited this long for a renewal passport. It was sent into Philadelphia but the new one came from Connecticut!!

Is your husband a bigamist? JK :D

My DH's passport had been expired for a number of years. He just applied on April 21st for a renewed passport. The check was cashed on April 29th. He didn't get his new passport until June 6th though. 6 1/2 weeks after application - 5 1/2 weeks after check cashed. His old one came back just a few days later.

Efficient! I mailed renewal forms and old passports on June 14 and got the new ones today, June 27. I did pay a couple of dollars for the return by express mail, but not the expedited processing. I thought that was pretty good. This is for passport book, not the card.

Original Poster here again, just to follow up:

My daughter's passport arrived in the mail today, June 28, so 26 days after she appeared in person to renew (She had to do it in person because she was under 16 when her old passport was issued, and she is over 16 now, so the renewal is treated like a new application)

Applied for two new first time passports on June 6th at our county records dept.

Check cleared the passport office in Seattle on the 11th.

Both passports and original birth certificates arrived today the 28th.

So 22 days total...17 days after the check cleared.

• 3 weeks later...

Mailed my renewal June 20th via Certified Express mail. Never got an email. Check was cashed around 6/25. Received new passport in the mail yesterday, July 15th. I paid for express mail with tracking on the return as well. So 25 days start to finish.