Thomson Majesty Summer 2014 Free AI Ending!

I have just sent my TA an e-mail to check whether our back to back Adriatic Explorer/Aegean Delights from 2.5.14 is still ok from the announcement today that she is moving to Spain as of March 2014. I am not experienced enough on the cruise front to know whether she would go there for a couple of months then back to Corfu. Do they really move around home ports that much.

Now I don't know if we will be getting the free AI we booked.

What is happening here?

Looks like I was in panic mode, and Majesty is going to Corfu again on 24 April so our May 14 cruise should be ok. Phew!! Only the booked free AI to worry about.

I have just sent my TA an e-mail to check whether our back to back Adriatic Explorer/Aegean Delights from 2.5.14 is still ok from the announcement today that she is moving to Spain as of March 2014. I am not experienced enough on the cruise front to know whether she would go there for a couple of months then back to Corfu. Do they really move around home ports that much.

Now I don't know if we will be getting the free AI we booked.

What is happening here?

Looks like I was in panic mode, and Majesty is going to Corfu again on 24 April so our May 14 cruise should be ok. Phew!! Only the booked free AI to worry about.

If you have already booked & got free AI as part of your holiday, you will still get it. Sailaway was warning people who are thinking of booking that the free AI for new bookers is ending soon. They will start selling it at a lower price & as you get nearer the departure date, the price increases.

If you have already booked & got free AI as part of your holiday, you will still get it. Sailaway was warning people who are thinking of booking that the free AI for new bookers is ending soon. They will start selling it at a lower price & as you get nearer the departure date, the price increases.

That's a relief. I am looking forward to this cruise so much, and the AI being free was a bonus.

We better or there will be one mad scotsman marching to Thomsons headquarters :D

braveheart.gifkilt.gif

Sailaway,where are you get the info from?

I am on holiday, and Thomson's here say they can't help me and I have to contact the TA I booked with, so I have e-mailed them with my concerns over AI being included free. Will let you know if I get a response.

I am on holiday, and Thomson's here say they can't help me and I have to contact the TA I booked with, so I have e-mailed them with my concerns over AI being included free. Will let you know if I get a response.

As already said, if you got free A.I. when you booked - it will be on your confirmation form - you definitely have it.

The OP meant that anyone booking after Monday will pay for A.I. as it is a ´perk´ for early booking and the early booking period is coming to an end.

Sorry if I caused confusion. Yes, it's just the early booking incentive that is going, so if you have booked free AI already, you still have this. From next week if you book your cruise you will need to pay for it.

It is on Thomson's website:

http://www.thomson.co.uk/deals/summer-2014-cruises.html

In the terms and conditions bit at the bottom of the deals page.

I wouldn't say it's exactly free....

The same cruise as I have just booked, same weeks, same itinerary, etc, just the year after is £450 each dearer, so not really free is it?

Plus they announce a press release yesterday that mentions the "free" AI only for it to be removed 4 days later :rolleyes:

I know the "offer" has been around for a while, but anyone only picking up on the press release next week is going to be disappointed.

The same cruise as I have just booked, same weeks, same itinerary, etc, just the year after is £450 each dearer, so not really free is it?

Plus they announce a press release yesterday that mentions the "free" AI only for it to be removed 4 days later :rolleyes:

I know the "offer" has been around for a while, but anyone only picking up on the press release next week is going to be disappointed.

It's all about marketing!

The press release wasn't referring to summer sailings though it was referring to the sailings from Malaga wasn't it? Its the sailings from Corfu that the offer is finishing on.

Maybe so in most cases Jim, but I bet Jacknorman doesn't think so:mad:

Quite right Grez, I missed that, but:

"Free All Inclusive Upgrade - The All Inclusive offer is available on selected Thomson Majesty sailings on 13th & 20th March 2014. Offer only applies to time spent onboard the ship and some exclusions may apply to the onboard package. Offer must be selected at time of booking and applies to new bookings only, is subject to availability and may be withdrawn without prior notice."

They say only on 2 sailings and they can always pull these deals whenever they want. What is it the Americans say " You can't beat City Hall!"

Yep Jules, it's all marketing......

Maybe so in most cases Jim, but I bet Jacknorman doesn't think so:mad:

Hi Joe

He may well not but by booking early thats the choice/chance you make/take.We booked our cruise and stay which we have not long returned from in May this year almost a year in advance with free AI and the most it came down by was £100.Unfortunately there will be always some who pay less or more than others and the ones that pay less are not long in letting you know ;).Winners and losers I`m afraid

Quite right Grez, I missed that, but:

"Free All Inclusive Upgrade - The All Inclusive offer is available on selected Thomson Majesty sailings on 13th & 20th March 2014. Offer only applies to time spent onboard the ship and some exclusions may apply to the onboard package. Offer must be selected at time of booking and applies to new bookings only, is subject to availability and may be withdrawn without prior notice."

They say only on 2 sailings and they can always pull these deals whenever they want. What is it the Americans say " You can't beat City Hall!"

Yep Jules, it's all marketing......

In my experience they have always pulled the AI without prior notice.Theres limited availability for free AI,once they have sold that allocation thats it,its pulled.A TA friend tells me the free AI available is quite a small %

Hello. Not been here for a while. Just called by TA to cost Adriatic Explorer / Aegean Delights for 3 October 2014 and she says the free AI ends tomorrow.

Waiting her callback with the costs - she's going to see what else she can throw in as it's for our 25th wedding anniversary which will be while we're away. So talk about timing!:D

Just checked - the free AI has finished.

Bizzarely what I booked on Sunday is now £60 more expensive WITHOUT FREE AI. And AI can be added on for £276 per party (that's 2 in this case) for 2 weeks.

Go figure as they say.:confused:

Archived