Butlers on Seabourn??

lincslady

I have just looked at a review in the Member Reviews section, comparing a Silversea ship with Seabourn. The reviewer' cruisingfor4', says that when they arrived at their Seabourn ship they were approached by their/a butler, offering to help unpack etc. Am I missing something here, or have they got their facts muddled?

Must be the latter.

I guess that can happen. I had dinner once on Odyssey and someone at our table started moaning about the food service. Seemed she missed the pasta course which was news to me. So I asked her what cruise line always features one and her response was Silversea.

Happy sailing!

I think the reviewer is using the term 'butler' in a generic sense i.e. the person who meets and greets in the suite (perhaps they are not comfortable with typing out 'stewardess'), rather than making any specific points about butlers.

The review is actually quite favourable to Seabourn - I do enjoy reading favourable SB reviews, they give me a sense of reassurance and a happy feeling that something in this world is capable of maintaining high standards.

After reading that review I spent a few hair-raising hours reading a whole trunkful of poor reviews of other lines.

Heavens, but it's a jungle out there, and those of us who sail on SB are very fortunate.

Edited by Flamin_June

Yes. it was good to read what appeared to be a pretty favourable review of Seabourn, even if the OP seemed a bit confused about it. I think there are butlers also on Regent, and must admit one would be the last thing I personally would regard as particularly desirable. But most certainly they were confused, as neither your stewardess or any other member of staff would offer to unpack for you on a SB ship.