Sydney airport to harbour bridge cost

Patto1000

Hi all

We travel from the uk to Australia for our first ever cruise in November and stop in Sydney for 2nts before and 2nts after our cruise

We stop in the sebel pier one hotel nr Sydney harbour bridge and were wondering how we would get from the airport to the hotel?

We were thinking taxi but haven't a clue on how ar or how much it will cost?

We also have the same dilemma getting to and from the dock to embark and disembark from our cruise

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you

I always use www. owncars.com , they quote a fixed price, are very reliable, and less than a taxi for the same journey.

I have used them several times from the airport to my hotel and then again to the ship and back again and have no hesitation in recommending them.

Peter

I always use www. owncars.com , they quote a fixed price, are very reliable, and less than a taxi for the same journey.

I have used them several times from the airport to my hotel and then again to the ship and back again and have no hesitation in recommending them.

Peter

Thanks for that its much appreciated we will look into it

Thanks again

It's a couple of years ago, but a taxi from the Radisson Plaza, which is walking distance from the Bridge, to the airport cost us A$45 (say £25ish). Arriving a few days earlier, we had opted for the airport shuttle bus, which was awful - sat in it in high temperatures until full, then took 1.1/2 hours to get into the city. There is also a train service which takes about 15 minutes, provided there is a station near enough to your hotel to walk with luggage.

Yes it is towncars, excellent service, cost us $49 AUD last March to go from the Airport to Circular Quay. It is a flat rate, so it encompasses from the Airport to anywhere in that part of the city.

Of note, we actually caught a Taxi back to the Airport from the City Centre and it cost more than the Towncar, he seemed to take a more 'scenic' route, whereas the Towncar, being on a flat rate, took the most direct route.

I suggest though that you give a time to be picked up that allows you to go through customs and pick up your bags so not as to leave them waiting too long.

Here is a link for taxi fare calculator http://www.taxifare.com.au

When we used it for our trip in March it showed 36$ aus. Apparently each terminal has its own sheltered taxi rank with supervisors on hand in peak hours to ensure a smooth flow of taxis for travellers. taxis are not permitted to pick up passengers outside of the taxi ranks and the driver will be fined AU$5,000 for breaking the regulation. http://www.sydneyairport.com.au/go/by-taxi The taxis are outside the arrivals area C/D - towards southern end of terminal. It’s likely to take 30-45 minutes to go thro´ Sydney airport after disembarking from plane

This is note from my diary re taxi <Once we left Sydney airport terminal we walked out of the block, turned left walked a little crossed the road and we were at the taxi stand. There were not many people there and the queue was quite short. The couple in front of us asked how much it would be to go to the Port and the Taxi Captain said 60-70$ Aus depending on the traffic. I said on the websites it quoted 36-40$, then the couple in front asked where we were going and so we decided to share a mini bus. We were directed to stand 7 and a guy and van came over straight way, so we all piled in. His fare was about 65$ and the taxi chap said he’d charge both couples 35$ as nwe wanted to be dropped at 2 different points , our hotel and OPT>

HTH

Sandy in Spain

A taxi in Sydney is usually cheaper than a town car service. It depends on when you are travelling to and from the airport. Peak hour traffic in Sydney (that should be peak hours and hours!) can be really horrid, so a taxi might end up costing more than a town car.

If you are travelling light (one suitcase each) then you can hop on the airport rail line and be at Circular Quay station (right in front of the ferry terminal) within 10-15 minutes. It costs approx $17 per perso and runs quite frequently. The rail station at the airport is a minute's walk from the baggage claim area.

I don't use it only because I travel with several suitcases and additional carry on bags.

The rail station at the airport is a minute's walk from the baggage claim area.

Op is going to Sebel Pier One around in Hickson road. Closer to a 15 minute walk from the Station and not necessarily an easily locatable spot (lots of Sydneysiders don't even know it's there)

As for the taximeter.... tosh as it is never very accurate it seems for sydney.

Thanks guys

It turns out we have transfers from airport to hotel and vice versa included in our bookings which is a bonus

The only ones we need to think about are hotel to dock to embark and vice versa when we disembark

We've got 7 flights in total during our visit to oz and its quite confusing at times

Fingers crossed we make every flight on time and more importantly make the ship on time lol

Thanks again

Mark and Angela

Unless one stays at the Marriott

There's actually quite a few right near CQ

Stamford, Marriot, Intercon, Four Seasons and unless you are trying to negotiate Circular Quay at midday Sunday (we have discount family transport fares) it is relative;y easy.

Other Choices are Pullman Grand, and Holiday Inn Old Sydney, also walkable but it more challenging is Park Hyatt but at $800pn to stay I don't think you'll be saving a few $$ for the sake of a 1km walk with luggage.

Mark and Angela,

the airports are all pretty user friendly with the exception IMHO Terminal 2 at Sydney which at the wrong time of year becomes zoo like (Virgin and Jetstar)

After dealing with the airports in Venice and Naples, I find Sydney quite pleasant!! And my husband loves the wait at Crispy Crème for the call for pick-up as it is the only time he is allowed to eat their products!! (We all wait at the fastfood outlets just outside the airport for a call from whomever we have to collect, to avoid the very high parking charges)

Archived