Halifax taxis

Of course they do!!!

I live in the Halifax area, beautiful this time of year!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! I just discovered that I have just enough Canadian cash left from my last visit north to cover my pre-cruise overnight stay there, but not if I have to pay cash for the taxi from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier. This will save my cheap self an ATM fee.

Any "must-do's" in Halifax you can suggest? I have my eyes on the immigration and maritime museums. I'll be there on the 31st, so am assuming that the leaves will be past peak at that point.

We had to take a taxi from the port to the airport (medical situation) and no the taxi driver would not take anything but cash. Fare was $60. Halifax is a very dowie kind of Scots influenced town. Seems anybody behind a desk or in a position wants to make sure you have as miserable a time as they are having.

Thank you! I just discovered that I have just enough Canadian cash left from my last visit north to cover my pre-cruise overnight stay there' date=' but not if I have to pay cash for the taxi from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier. This will save my cheap self an ATM fee.

Any "must-do's" in Halifax you can suggest? I have my eyes on the immigration and maritime museums. I'll be there on the 31st, so am assuming that the leaves will be past peak at that point.[/quote']

The taxis will also take US dollars which is what we have done in the past.

We were just in Halifax on Friday and boy was it rainy. We went to the Maritime Museum since my DH has never been there before (I went on a previous trip). It is a small museum but interesting. If you are a AAA member, make sure you show your card for a small discount. The Citadel is another place you might want to consider. In the past, we have taken a taxi from the pier to the Citadel so we didn't have to walk up the big hill. After we are done there, we then walk down to the boardwalk and stop in everything along the way as we meander back to the ship. The Maritime museum in along the way and the immigration museum is back at the port.

Hope you have better weather than we did. We were treated to a huge, full rainbow before we left though which was a nice way to end our stay.