What's the biggest difference?

sunset785

What is the biggest difference between Princess and Royal Caribbean and Carnival? We have been on Carnival and Royal and enjoy them both for various reasons. We are eyeing a potential Princess sailing with our two kids who will be 2 and 5? Is this cruise line okay for children too? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As a rule RC has more geared for for children. However at age 2, I'm not sure it would make a difference, the 5 yr old would enjoy the parades. The kids club on Princess is very good, but depends on the sailing as to number of children's activities planned.

All the mass market lines are more alike than different overall. Differences include decor, ie Princess is much more understated in decor than Carnival or RCI. Kids clubs are somewhat different, ie no characters on Princess, no waterslides or such either. However, quality kids club personnel, immediate activities, etc.

Traditional Dining is more organized and usually better service on Princess over Carnival and RCI, but anytime dining is usually better organized on Carnival and RCI than on Princess.

Food is often considered better in Princess - that's subjective and can vary by ship, sailing date, personal taste, etc. Specialty dining costs are lower in Princess. Lots of activities day and night on Princess, and more live music than we've experienced in RCI. Very personable crew, and easy to talk with them as they are not overwhelmed with numbers like on some of RCIs larger ships. Demographics on Princess vary by sailing - week or less has younger crowds than sailings longer than a week - same as any cruise line..

Overall, if you like Carnival and RCI, you'll likely enjoy Princess also.

Princess is going to be an older crowd for sure. Probably not the best option if you have kids.

RCI and Carnival will be much more kid friendly.

A lot depends on the ship and debarkation port. In general, Carnival is the lower cost option between the two, and what they say is somewhat true... you get what you pay for. I think RCI is going to be a tad bit better for decor, food, and shows. Again, this is a TAD bit better. Nothing that would make or break your vacation, in my opinion. A LOT depends on the ship you go on. Look at cruise ship ratings and choose off of that. There are plenty of highly rated Carnival ships that are far superior to the lower rated RCI ships, and vic versa.

Hope this helps.

As a rule RC has more geared for for children. However at age 2, I'm not sure it would make a difference, the 5 yr old would enjoy the parades. The kids club on Princess is very good, but depends on the sailing as to number of children's activities planned.

I agree. My friend had his two children on a princess cruise they were six and nine they loved the kids club and want to go back.

Tony