Vista Suite vs. Penthouse Suite

Brianna14

We just got a call from the upgrade fairy to go from a Penthouse Suite to a Vista Suite for a reduced price. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the Vista suite and what it has to offer. I am wondering if the views are really that great and the wind factor being in the front of the ship. Our cruise is to Alaska next week. Thanks for your input.

Melody

We were in a vista on the Iceland cruise in June '06 and even though we had some rough seas, wind was never a problem. And the view from a VS is fabulous. It's also a good place to see the crew working when docking or leaving a port.

I prefer the extra space in a VS and especially the jacuzzi to the PH. (I never thought I'd consider a PH to be "small" but I did when visiting friends while we were in the VS. I got over that ...)

The one possible drawback to the forward position is if you have a tendency to mal de mer. A midships location is preferable in that case.

And as I recall, the deck 6 VS is not as spacious as the deck 7 VS (in the living room).

Depending on how much the upgrade is costing you, I'd sure go for it!

Mura

We also think that the Vista Suites on the R ships are "all that".

For us, the dedicated dining table makes a huge difference in our enjoyment of in suite room service, and the space just "feels" huge, compared to a penthouse.

16257214784b2969965f6ac8.08213235-1261005206.jpg

Especially for a scenic trip like Alaska, I'd grab the upgrade immediately.

The Vista Suite looks lovely; however, the far forward location would not be my first choice along the Pacific Coast when the ship may be at full speed, as it could get rather uncomfortable as the ship pitches.

Did you receive the offer directly from Oceania or through your travel agent?

Did you decide to go for it?

We're very curious. :)

Unfortunately we did not act quick enough and lost the Vista Suite, plus we offered a lower price and someone else snatched it up. Oh well.

By the way we were offered the upgrade by our travel agent. Thanks for your help and next time, if there is one, we will act immediately.

Melody

Unfortunately we did not act quick enough and lost the Vista Suite, plus we offered a lower price and someone else snatched it up. Oh well.

By the way we were offered the upgrade by our travel agent. Thanks for your help and next time, if there is one, we will act immediately.

Do you mean that they offered the Vista Suite at a certain price and you countered their offer and you think that may have had something to do with your losing the opportunity for the upgrade?

Would you feel comfortable sharing the price over your current category that they requested for the upgrade?

Melody

I think you almost have to decide when the offer is made

They just move down the list till someone accepts

Maybe another offer will come your way ;)

be ready to jump on it if the price is right for you

Lyn

Archived