A Singapore Hotel Question

rkacruiser

I have friends staying at the Raffles Hotel and the Conrad Hilton Hotel. Is the Singapore Marriott Hotel near these other two hotels?

The Marriott seems to be near the Orchard Road Mass Transit Station. Considering the location of this hotel, would you consider it to be more tourist accessible without hassles within the city than the Conrad Hilton or the Raffles Hotel?

Thanks for your informative reply.

Edited by rkacruiser

I have friends staying at the Raffles Hotel and the Conrad Hilton Hotel. Is the Singapore Marriott Hotel near these other two hotels?

The Marriott seems to be near the Orchard Road Mass Transit Station. Considering the location of this hotel, would you consider it to be more tourist accessible without hassles within the city than the Conrad Hilton or the Raffles Hotel?

In these videos, you can see the location of the Marriot, which is located at the start of Orchard Road, opposite the Orchard ION and Orchard MRT station.

[YOUTUBE]2T9ee2FXFoY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]EPUXn3coyWE[/YOUTUBE]

Hold on, I write more later.

Are you referring to the Conrad Centennial?

http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/hotels/singapore/conrad-centennial-singapore-SINCICI/index.html

This video gives you a sense of the distance between Marriot and Raffles Hotel.

At the 0:12 mark, the Marriot is on the left. Marriot is opposite Orchard MRT station. The car continues down Orchard Road, passing Somerset, Dhoby Ghaut and finally reaching City Hall MRT station, which is Raffles City. At the 1:22 mark, you will see Raffles Hotel on the left.

At the 1:30 mark, you will Suntec City as well as Pan Pacific Hotel on the left of the video. The Conrad Centennial is to the left of Pan Pacific Hotel (you can't see the Conrad in this frame)

[YOUTUBE]19fYRHPciUc[/YOUTUBE]

To answer your question, you will need to take the MRT from Orchard to City Hall, in order to get to Raffles Hotel. It is not too far away, about a 10 to 15 minute ride.

Both Marriot (opposite Orchard MRT) and Raffles (opposite City Hall MRT) are very convenient. Conrad Centennial is slightly less convenient, but still not too far out of the way. The Marina area is a nice area.

It depends on what you like. At Marriot, you are closer to the shopping, especially the higher-end one.

At City Hall area, you are at the intersection of the North-South and East-West lines, which is convenient to get around too.

But ultimately Singapore is a very small place. As long as you are very near an MRT station, it is easy to get around. Even if not, just take a taxi.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Finding a hotel to suit you in Singapore is difficult as there are so many & most are excellent.

First choose your area.

Orchard Road is a busy road with lots of tourists & locals.

City Hall is good for the main junction of MRT that allows you to now see all of the island from the main hub.

Taxis are very reasonable & easy to get when its not raining.

Singapore is a No Tipping country.

Marina Bay area is more modern & open & not far from the new Gardens on the Bay area. Raffles is in between these two areas.

In the Raffles / Conrad Centennial area are - Fairmont, Pan Pacific, Swissotel, Marina Mandarin, Fullerton, Naumi, Carlton, Grand Park City Hall, Peninsular & others.

Use one of the online Hotel / Booking sites to compare star rating, price & review rating. You can click on the map button to zoom in / out to see the area. Choose a few that include breakfast & keep an eye out for specials.

email me if you want more info - jmnhs88@gmail.com

All the best - John

Finding a hotel to suit you in Singapore is difficult as there are so many & most are excellent.

First choose your area.

Orchard Road is a busy road with lots of tourists & locals.

City Hall is good for the main junction of MRT that allows you to now see all of the island from the main hub.

Taxis are very reasonable & easy to get when its not raining.

Singapore is a No Tipping country.

Marina Bay area is more modern & open & not far from the new Gardens on the Bay area. Raffles is in between these two areas.

In the Raffles / Conrad Centennial area are - Fairmont, Pan Pacific, Swissotel, Marina Mandarin, Fullerton, Naumi, Carlton, Grand Park City Hall, Peninsular & others.

Use one of the online Hotel / Booking sites to compare star rating, price & review rating. You can click on the map button to zoom in / out to see the area. Choose a few that include breakfast & keep an eye out for specials.

email me if you want more info - jmnhs88@gmail.com

All the best - John

Thanks for helping to share more about my country!

I am a local and truth be told, I have not stayed at any of the above hotels before! Yes, I drive past them or walk past them and hear stories about them as well as attend meetings/functions/lunches/dinners at some of their restaurants. But I have never physically stayed there as a hotel guest. Lolz.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Thank you for the good videos. They are helpful.

I am going to have to find me a good Singapore map as well as a map for the transit system!

This is the website for the MRT system - http://www.smrt.com.sg/

There are maps here - http://www.smrt.com.sg/Trains/NetworkMap.aspx

You should be able to download and print them out.

The map looks like this.

dotg9e.jpg

If you can't find the link to download, drop me an email, and I can send the picture file over.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

• 3 weeks later...

we have just returned and were there for three days. At first we had booked the Marriott as we thought Orchard Rd would be good. We changed our mined after getting a good deal at the Ritz and realizing things are soon expensive in Singapore we probable were not going to do much shopping. Great decision the hotel is beautiful in walking distance to many sights, great food, lovely pool and gym and what views from the rooms. Orchard Rd when we stopped was a very busy area and packed plus difficult to walk it was so packed.

There are parts of singapore other than orchard road. On our first trip to Singapore some 10 years ago we stayed near East coast p ark way in a hotel called Mercure grand Roxy, a lovely hotel. What you have remember that everything in Singapore is in close probity.

we have just returned and were there for three days. At first we had booked the Marriott as we thought Orchard Rd would be good. We changed our mined after getting a good deal at the Ritz and realizing things are soon expensive in Singapore we probable were not going to do much shopping. Great decision the hotel is beautiful in walking distance to many sights, great food, lovely pool and gym and what views from the rooms. Orchard Rd when we stopped was a very busy area and packed plus difficult to walk it was so packed.

Yes, the Ritz Carlton hotel is connected to the Marina Square Mall complex and it is a lovely area, with many other connected hotels including Marina Mandarin, Pan Pacific and Conrad Centennial.

Some videos to show you the area. Pan Pacific hotel and walk to Esplanade MRT.

[YOUTUBE]gAXTI2UaE2I[/YOUTUBE]

Marina Square Mall & Marina Mandarin Hotel

[YOUTUBE]6qqm4kECCeg[/YOUTUBE]

Can you tell me where the Shangri La Hotel is in relation to the others mentioned and if it is in a good location. Thanks.

Carol

Shangri-La Hotel is along Orange Grove Road. It is a very nice and established 5-star hotel (Presidents stay there), however, it is quite secluded and far from public transport. On google maps, the distance is 1.1km to Orchard MRT station.