Just turned Golden on NCL, $150 spa credit, how does it work

riddle

As I said, I get a $150 spa credit on NCL for my upcoming Dawn cruise. Can my DH and I use it toward a couple of day passes to the spa or do we have to use it for spa services?

Yes, if it's like on the Escape, you just charge the passes to your on board account and CAS will remove charges up to 150 before end of cruise. The day passes were 54 each (included 18% gratuity.) The credit can't be used for things like acupuncture and products. You should have an envelope in your room from CAS mentioning the credit and the $100 of dining credit. The Dining credit doesn't have to be used all at once. Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Updating as we just returned from the Dawn. We were able to use our $150 Golden Spa credit for day passes. Passes were $35 each and sold on port days only. I don't think they had sold all of their week passes as they offered us the chance to get the rest of the week for $89 each.

• 1 month later...

Will be on Pearl to Alaska in a few weeks.

Turned Golden last cruise.

Do we get $150 on top of Dining credit? Its $100 for Golden?

Seems to me last cruise (as Hot) we just charged to our cabin,

and the Dining credit was applied to our bill.

I don't recall getting Anything for Spa. Is spa credit only for Golden?

Not really sure how that works..... Thanks

It's been reported by recent cruisers that they have recently lowered the Spa Credit for Golden tier to $125. CAS starts their new point accrual year on April 1st of each year. And yes, it's just for Golden, not Hot tier.

You do charge it to your cabin. There should be a notice in your cabin along with your players cards and it will tell you more details. It's not for products or certain other services. (I believe it's not usable for something like acupuncture for example.)

I only got $125 on my Dawn trip in April although the note in my room said $150.

Also, I indicated on my sign in form that I would not be buying any products. I still got the sales pitch for an issues with my legs but when I told the technician that I was under doctor's care for my legs (which I am) she basically stopped the pitch.

In the future I think I will just use it for spa days. At least I won't have to dread a sales pitch at the end.

I had the spa credit and a dining credit. I technically didn't use either (since I had the dining plan and don't like massages), but what ends up happening is that it is just a credit on your final bill, so it was applied toward my daily gratuity fees.

I guess there is no easy way for their computers to figure out what specifically is a spa charge on your bill so they just credit that amount against your final bill.

Nice surprise, so don't feel obligated that you have to use it or lose it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the spa credit and a dining credit. I technically didn't use either (since I had the dining plan and don't like massages), but what ends up happening is that it is just a credit on your final bill, so it was applied toward my daily gratuity fees.

I guess there is no easy way for their computers to figure out what specifically is a spa charge on your bill so they just credit that amount against your final bill.

Nice surprise, so don't feel obligated that you have to use it or lose it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! That was lucky for you. In my experience unused credit like this showed up as 'unused non-refundable credit'. Maybe different ships are looking at these credits in a different way. I don't like massages either and I will have free spa usage with our next cruise in a spa cabin. I've been thinking this will just be a lost credit for me. Has anybody else seen these credits used against the DSC? I would love for this to happen for me!

I have experienced the same thing with the credits just being treated like OBC. Last cruise we had the UBP and UDP so we spent $0 on food or beverage and the $100 from the CAS went towards my final bill. MY wife spent about $70 in the spa and the rest was applied to other stuff on our bill.