5 family members + one grammy, how do you book rooms?

heffa72

So we're a family of 5 (young children - 4, 6, 9 when we plan on traveling next year). We aren't sure the best way to go about booking rooms. Grammy will be travelling with us, so we could "book" one of the kids with her, but we aren't sure if family suites are a better idea? We want our own bedroom so kids can sleep when we're awake.

Would 2 adjoining rooms be more economical? Or a suite? We'd probably be travelling NCL (or Carnival's newer ships).

Any thoughts/recommendations on what worked best for your family?

• 3 weeks later...

Look at the 2 bedroom family suite on NCL. Right now passengers 3-8 sail free (just pay port taxes). The 3 kids could take the 2nd bedroom and Grammy could us the sofa bed in the living room. We had this room on the Dawn and it was amazing. We have one booked for next year on the Gem. The current sale would also give you OBC, free drink package for first 2 passengers, free pre paid daily service charges for first 2 passengers and the ultimate dining plan for all passengers. It's a great deal.

• 4 months later...

I have done this with my grandchildren. I am in a cabin with 2 kids and my son, DIL, and other child in a connecting cabin. Book early as connecting cabins go fast. I am talking about connecting cabins with an interior door so that the parents have access to the children, not just cabins next to each other.

Usually a suite will offer more square footage but does not give you privacy. It is better to have 2 cabins and this way you have 2 bathrooms.

• 1 month later...