Triumph....just waiting

1Honey12

Hi guys, I'm just sittin here in my house waiting to go down to the port.

I have the benefit of living 10 minutes away from the Galveston port so I am in no rush.

According to the last email update from carnival, they will be boarding until 6pm.

This cruise usually is pulling out by 4 so this is pretty frustrating for everyone.

Due to the man overboard and the fog, triumph didn't get here until around noon.

We are going as a big group and some of the group is already at the terminal and according to them people are frustrated and rude.

Although I'm highly disappointed to get off to such a rough start, I'm thankful I can sit in the comfort of my own home.

I guess we'll head over around 5pm

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. As to the people that are at the port and unhappy. Were they not told that boarding was going to be delayed? Yes, they were. If Carnival sends the standard email about staggering the arrival time then I understand that you might not want to follow that advice. BUT, today the Triumph was delay because of the tragedy in Mexico and then the fog. She is usually in port by 7 and next cruise boards around 11. FOUR hours. She got in about noon today. Don't expect to get on before 4. Yes, it might have happened sooner but that would be a logical thought process.

The only problem though is with people who drove or flew in and stayed at a hotel usually have to check out of the hotel around 11? So they are either forced to wait around in the hotel lobby or go to the port and wait around versus being able to board at a normal time due to this tragedy. So arriving earlier than told might not be an option for most? :confused: Either way, I would be happy to be going and would probably much rather wait at the port than at the hotel.

Can one of you going on the triumph this week or next upload a set of the camp carnival flyers? The kids are so anxious about what they will be doing in april they acnt stand it. Help some kids out:)

I'll see what I can do, I've got a three-year-old going into Camp Ocean.

The only problem though is with people who drove or flew in and stayed at a hotel usually have to check out of the hotel around 11? So they are either forced to wait around in the hotel lobby or go to the port and wait around versus being able to board at a normal time due to this tragedy. So arriving earlier than told might not be an option for most? :confused: Either way, I would be happy to be going and would probably much rather wait at the port than at the hotel.

Thank You. We're from out of state. When we check out of a hotel at 11am we rather not drive around for hours looking at the beach, spend hours walking around a Wal-Mart or anything else except go to the terminal hours earlier than expected, find a seat and read our Kindled. As to rude people, they are everywhere. Just smile at them and then ignore them.

We were delayed 10 hours in New Orleans once due to a man dying in Cozumel and engine issues. Thankfully we made the best of the day. We arrived later than quoted as we had our 10 month old with us, Norwegian provided boxed dinners with sandwiches. Unfortunately there were quite a few rude folks but also the workers weren't really helpful, getting into the lines for boarding was a madhouse. I am sure they were frustrated too having to stay past their original work time but it made for a rough start. The Norwegian staff once you got to check in and on board were super friendly and helpful. Just have to put it all into perspective and be thankful you are on vacation.