Why is the Pearl in Seattle this morning?

brunolvr

My father in law is, On this cruise. Originally it was to be Vancouver, Astoria, San francisco and LA with a sea day in There somewhere...when NCL was bumped out of San Francisco for some reason it changed to Vancouver, Seattle, Astoria, 2 sea days then LA. The passengers were notified some time ago as I recall my father in laws disappointment as he was planning on meeting his cousin who lives in the Bay Area.

My father in law is, On this cruise. Originally it was to be Vancouver, Astoria, San francisco and LA with a sea day in There somewhere...when NCL was bumped out of San Francisco for some reason it changed to Vancouver, Seattle, Astoria, 2 sea days then LA. The passengers were notified some time ago as I recall my father in laws disappointment as he was planning on meeting his cousin who lives in the Bay Area.

Great! Thanks for the info. I wonder why SF was cancelled?

Great! Thanks for the info. I wonder why SF was cancelled?

San Francisco is in the process of building a new Cruise Terminal which is due to open soon... see http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/two-homeports-opening-new-cruise-terminals.html

During the renovation, there is a limited number of dock space for cruise ships and NCL got bumped out of the port and had to change its itinerary.

San Francisco is in the process of building a new Cruise Terminal which is due to open soon... see http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/two-homeports-opening-new-cruise-terminals.html

During the renovation, there is a limited number of dock space for cruise ships and NCL got bumped out of the port and had to change its itinerary.

Thanks for the info, calex! I knew someone would know why! ;)

Not exactly true.

The new Cruise Terminal is open and operational now -- and has been seeing ships since about three weeks ago... mostly Princess, although the Jewel did dock there on her way south.

There was no renovation. The new cruise terminal is all new construction (on an existing pier) and is located at Pier 27. The old ones, which are still operational, are at Pier 35 North and 35 South -- about a mile or so away. While there was some sort of schedule conflict with the Pearl, and her itinerary did change a number of months ago, the change had nothing to do with construction of the new terminal, or any renovation. However, looking at the 2014 schedule, there are no remaining ships scheduled for Pier 35. The 2015 schedule makes no berth distinction. One would assume that cruise operations at 35 have ceased.

I worked on the construction of this project. Nice place...

p27-1.jpg

p27-2.jpg

p27-3.jpg

p27-5.jpg

Edited by triptolemus