So Golden Princess here all of 2017

And by the time I get the ducks in a row it'll probably be sold out:(:mad:

Me too.....but I did put my FCC on the Hawaii one.......easily changeable, and managed to get myself a Princess Holiday Planner, now I have the same person to contact all the time.

Gut, with the Dawn Princess going over to P&O, and we have the Golden all of 2017, April - November from Sydney then from Melbourne, I see the Emerald Princess is booked into Sydney ports again in 2018, me thinks we will have Diamond, Golden and Emerald cruising from our shores:D Wouldn't be surprised if all the Sun class ships go over to P&O, the Pacific Dawn was the Regal Princess and the Pacific Sun was a Carnival ship, they all get recycled to P&O.

Chez

Me too.....but I did put my FCC on the Hawaii one.......easily changeable, and managed to get myself a Princess Holiday Planner, now I have the same person to contact all the time.

Gut, with the Dawn Princess going over to P&O, and we have the Golden all of 2017, April - November from Sydney then from Melbourne, I see the Emerald Princess is booked into Sydney ports again in 2018, me thinks we will have Diamond, Golden and Emerald cruising from our shores:D Wouldn't be surprised if all the Sun class ships go over to P&O, the Pacific Dawn was the Regal Princess and the Pacific Sun was a Carnival ship, they all get recycled to P&O.

Chez

G'day Chez

I was thinking similar.

Also we are clearly looking at similar cruises because Hawaii may be our fall back if Circke Pcific can't happen.

So much depends on work, DW needs LSL and I need a hole in my diary.

But in two weeks I can forget about all that.

We've now got a Princess Consultant too, so far has been great. Our sin and daughter wanted to arrange some flowers for mums birthday while we are away, consultant took care of it all, so much easier than spending hours on the net trying o get it to go through.

G'day Chez

I was thinking similar.

Also we are clearly looking at similar cruises because Hawaii may be our fall back if Circke Pcific can't happen.

So much depends on work, DW needs LSL and I need a hole in my diary.

But in two weeks I can forget about all that.

We've now got a Princess Consultant too, so far has been great. Our sin and daughter wanted to arrange some flowers for mums birthday while we are away, consultant took care of it all, so much easier than spending hours on the net trying o get it to go through.

And we need to win lotto so my husband can retire:rolleyes:

I have never had a problem with a Princess rep, but it is nice to have someone's email and number if needed. Also they were able to lock in the cabin we wanted......then call me for details;)

We are trying one of the Premium oceanview cabins, deck 15, among the suites:p there are only two of them, but that deck is all new, has it's own entry, floor to ceiling windows, one up to spa's, one down to the buffet and pool.

Here's a link to some photo's from the main Princess board, first photo's are of the Grand, keep scrolling down and there are some of the Golden. Great spot for sailing Tahiti and Hawaii:p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41604258&highlight=premium+ocean+view+golden#post41604258

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

We're seriously considering doing the 75 nighter. We will (probably) book it whilst on board the Diamond next week:) It will be good to have a decent ship here full time.

Maybe Royal could take a leaf out of their book and give us some real choice throughout the winter months.

Cheers

Di

Chez

how do you get a Princess Holiday Planner and what do you do if the persons on holidays.... just speak with anyone

how do you get a Princess Holiday Planner and what do you do if the persons on holidays.... just speak with anyone

I just rang Princess one day and they put me through to one, you could probably ask.

When we booked this cruise she was in holidays, they just put me through to another PCP.

Hey Bob, when I called, they asked whether I usually booked through a TA, as I usually don't and book direct, he said " I will get a planner to call you back".

I don't know what the criteria is but you could ask. They all work from the same office in Sydney.

Chez

Hopefully Princess will schedule a few New Caledonia & Vanuatu itineraries out of Melbourne in June and July 2017 with either Sun, Sea or Golden Princess.

The penny still has NOT sunk in with either Princess Miami HO or Princess Australia - In June and July it is freezing in Victoria & Tasmania and that is the time we want to get away on Pacific cruises . Huge new business opportunity for Princess , but don't seem interested . June and July the temperatures are ideal in New Caledonia , Vanuatu, Isle of Pines, Champagne Bay etc and it is Dry season so ideal time for Victorians & Tasmanians to get away to warmer weather in the South Pacific.

PS: Princess why do you treat Melbourne as a second class citizen in this regard ? You run New Caledonia & Vanuatu ex Sydney & Brisbane in Winter months but not Melbourne ? Its a no brainer back to back departures to South Pacific ex Melbourne all June & July each year would be brilliant sellers . Within a year perhaps even a 35 day round trip Hawaii from Melbourne also .

Hopefully Princess will schedule a few New Caledonia & Vanuatu itineraries out of Melbourne in June and July 2017 with either Sun, Sea or Golden Princess.

The penny still has NOT sunk in with either Princess Miami HO or Princess Australia - In June and July it is freezing in Victoria & Tasmania and that is the time we want to get away on Pacific cruises . Huge new business opportunity for Princess , but don't seem interested . June and July the temperatures are ideal in New Caledonia , Vanuatu, Isle of Pines, Champagne Bay etc and it is Dry season so ideal time for Victorians & Tasmanians to get away to warmer weather in the South Pacific.

PS: Princess why do you treat Melbourne as a second class citizen in this regard ? You run New Caledonia & Vanuatu ex Sydney & Brisbane in Winter months but not Melbourne ? Its a no brainer back to back departures to South Pacific ex Melbourne all June & July each year would be brilliant sellers . Within a year perhaps even a 35 day round trip Hawaii from Melbourne also .

I was only looking the other day for a cruise to the Pacific in June on

Princess no luck at all. I was only looking as I have an 0 birthday next year.:D:D

It would make sense to have one from Melbourne, we can see it but can they?:)

I was only looking the other day for a cruise to the Pacific in June on

Princess no luck at all. I was only looking as I have an 0 birthday next year.:D:D

It would make sense to have one from Melbourne, we can see it but can they?:)

Of course at that time of year two ships are usually away.

One on a World cruise

The next few years at least Circle Pacific and Circle South America

As it looks like we are getting the newer and larger ships we should probably get "Anytime Dining":p.

We where contacted via email by our Princess "Dedicated Holiday Planner". Something new and should be handy, although many cruise/travel consultants move around in the industry I'm sure we wont have her for long. As we usually book direct with Princess assume this is the reason they made personal contact.

As it looks like we are getting the newer and larger ships we should probably get "Anytime Dining":p.

We where contacted via email by our Princess "Dedicated Holiday Planner". Something new and should be handy, although many cruise/travel consultants move around in the industry I'm sure we wont have her for long. As we usually book direct with Princess assume this is the reason they made personal contact.

We've had a planner for a while so far been great