AS luggage check-in at Sea-Tac

sapete

A question for the SEA AS experts. Spouse and myself have first class tickets for our flight home to SAT. If our 11:30a flight doesn't qualify for HAL's luggage direct program we'll be dragging 2 bags to the airport. What is the best way to check the bags: curb-side, the self-service kiosk, or the counter?

For me, I would go directly to the first class check-in area. You can get your BP and check your bag all in one stop. Usually has fewer people than the kiosks or other lines.

If you desire AS FF miles, they have a promotion if you use their self-check bag system and preprint your bag tags. Details HERE.

You can also check in with the AS phone app (works well, IMO) and then go to either a kiosk or the first class line.

I would not be using curbside. Have seen that line on cruise day and have to believe the first class line is the fastest. FWIW, that area is sorta in the middle of the whole AS check-in zone.

And of course, YMMV. Depending on what the volume is like on YOUR departure day, things could be completely the other way around. Just be flexible and know that F line is yours to use.

Edited by FlyerTalker

Agree, just go to the FC counters; I've never had to wait very long if at all.

Also don't forget that your FC boarding pass gets you admittance to the Board Room, Alaska's lounge. The current lounge is located just past the central security checkpoint between the C and D concourses; if your flight is leaving from the North satellite - N gates (as most are) - then it's a tossup if you want to hit the lounge as it's still a schlep to the train to the N gates. If you have at least an hour after security, go for it; any less and I'd just head to the gate. (Alaska is building a new lounge in the north satellite, which will be ready in mid-2014... er, summer 2015... er, October 2015... er, 2018?)

To follow up on the AS Board Room.

You should be able to access with your F ticket IF it was a purchased ticket in F. Upgrades are officially not admitted to the BR. As mentioned, the location is in the D concourse, before you get to gate D1. Booze, food and the pancake machine is upstairs. There is also food downstairs as well. Almost every time, the soups are different between the two floors (and good!), with other food differences as well (yogurt downstairs), so you may want to look at both. Salads are usually very fresh. Espresso/Cappuccino machine downstairs, coffee and sodas both floors. Free wifi.

With the exception of significantly delayed flights, there are no departure or boarding announcements, so you need to keep your own eye on the clock.

At the gate, you can use the first class boarding lane at any time - you don't have to stand in the coach line if you missed the start of F boarding. Look for the blue carpet.

Finally, there are often chocolates in a bowl at the check-in desk for the BR. Enjoy!

You should be able to access with your F ticket IF it was a purchased ticket in F.
Or if it's an award, just not an upgrade.

Passengers traveling on a paid First Class or a First Class Award ticket (e.g. A, D, F or P class of service) on flights operated by Alaska Airlines have access to the Alaska Airlines Board Room only on their day of flight. These fares do not include entrance agreements into other airline clubrooms. To access the Board Room passengers must show their same day First Class boarding pass (or equivalent) to the Concierge in the Board Room. Passengers traveling on an upgraded ticket booked in U class do not have access to the Board Room.