Travel Anxiety

Joannedisfan

Just got home from an amazing vacation. Everyone had a great time, even with our whale watching excursion being canceled due to the weather. That left us with money that my daughter and I both enjoyed a couples massage.

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip. Are you researching for your next vacation yet:D Were you able to leave your anxiety on the dock before you left? Or did you carry it around for awhile until you knew you didn't need it anymore? Pre-what-if's always get me! I'm so excited to disembark I can't wait!:rolleyes:

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt! Nearly every time in the 7/10 days prior to our cruise I will develop toothache (emergency appointment sorts that out), a bad cough (pharmacist said it was not contagious but could last up to 3 weeks and some other part of my body will develop a mysterious ache :eek:) I've almost come to expect it, but guess what:

The minute I step on board the ship all my aches and pains disappear - weird isn't it :D

You know yourself better than any of us who are trying to help you. Deep breaths, keep busy and remember you are going on a holiday. You will have a great time.

Enjoy your cruise.

Me too-lol. Last time, I got a pimple in my ear a few weeks before our cruise. Had to see the ENT. Amazing how the mind influences the body.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got home from an amazing vacation. Everyone had a great time, even with our whale watching excursion being canceled due to the weather. That left us with money that my daughter and I both enjoyed a couples massage.

Welcome back! We were wondering how it turned out.

In the happiest, warmest, and nicest way meant: Told ya so!!!!!:D (Us? Steer you wrong? Never...well, hardly ever:p)

And also, "Good on ya!";)

We should make a permanent thread for us cruisers that suffer from panic and anxiety disorders, we could help and encourage each other:)

Agree....

I've been diagnosed with PTSD that also induced OCD... :(

I can't tell you the amount of times I've checked and double checked things before a trip! :eek:

Or how many times I've turned around to check again that I shut the garage door! :eek:

Travel anxiety??? Yep.... To name a few... I stress about the long flight over seas next month and the crowds...

Agree....

I've been diagnosed with PTSD that also induced OCD... :(

I can't tell you the amount of times I've checked and double checked things before a trip! :eek:

Or how many times I've turned around to check again that I shut the garage door! :eek:

Travel anxiety??? Yep.... To name a few... I stress about the long flight over seas next month and the crowds...

I hear you...I have been diagnosed with Panic and General Anxiety Disorder+Chronic Depression (yeah fun times) which I don't wish on anyone.

It definitely makes traveling with me very interesting for my poor DH! I am lucky he is very understanding and he tries not to make me feel bad when I have trouble doing something. :) I over-plan as a way to fight the anxiety but I also try and roll with the punches as best as I can too because we all know unexpected things can and will happen!

Edited by shadow8800

Yes-lol. I am going to Australia in 2018, and I am already stressing about the long plane ride.

Are you not breaking the flight up with at least an overnight stop on the way? We've done this flight from the UK and have always stopped either in Hong Kong or Singapore. The latter is worth it for the genuine Singapore Sling :D

Are you not breaking the flight up with at least an overnight stop on the way? We've done this flight from the UK and have always stopped either in Hong Kong or Singapore. The latter is worth it for the genuine Singapore Sling :D

Haven't gotten that far- lol

I hear you...I have been diagnosed with Panic and General Anxiety Disorder+Chronic Depression (yeah fun times) which I don't wish on anyone.

It definitely makes traveling with me very interesting for my poor DH! I am lucky he is very understanding and he tries not to make me feel bad when I have trouble doing something. :) I over-plan as a way to fight the anxiety but I also try and roll with the punches as best as I can too because we all know unexpected things can and will happen!

You're so right about the spousal support and understanding.. Where would we be without it?

lol.... so you over-plan as well eh? I think we've been driving the TA nuts! I say we cuz I sometimes will ask the DW to call the TA about something. :) The latest being we upgraded our flights to Premium Economy... I wasn't feeling good about being jammed into those economy seats for such a long time! :(

Edited by hel0013

You're so right about the spousal support and understanding.. Where would we be without it?

lol.... so you over-plan as well eh? I think we've been driving the TA nuts! I say we cuz I sometimes will ask the DW to call the TA about something. :) The latest being we upgraded our flights to Premium Economy... I wasn't feeling good about being jammed into those economy seats for such a long time! :(

I mostly drive my DH crazy when I plan..are you sure this is ok, maybe this beach would be better than that beach, should we buy this or that to take on our trip blah, blah etc...lol...he is pretty patient with me I give him props for sure! ;)

I worry about feeling jammed in with no place to go on planes as well. We are flying economy nonstop from DFW to San Juan Puerto Rico in Dec and I am stressing a little already. Hopefully I will be ok, I am bringing my tablet with some movies on it to try and distract myself. I wish we could upgrade but flight are so pricey already. I am happy that you were able to upgrade that will be very nice ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

With just under 8 weeks to our trip I am suffering from a trapped nerve which is affecting my neck, back and left arm :( Pain has been horrendous. The word cancel has been in the back of my mind but DH throughout (been ongoing for a month now) has been in denial.

I am definitely improving and am determined to make it onto the ship but the anxiety of being fully fit and only half fit is awful and I'm sure it is not helping with my recovery. My physiotherapist is aware of the timescale and assures me I should be okay to travel. I've had 2 sessions of acupuncture so far and do feel that it is helping; so fingers crossed.

I'm beginning to think that preparations for going on holiday are simply not healthy for me :D:D So clearly once I'm onboard the better I will be. Just anxious I might not be able to drink if I am still taking painkillers :eek::D:D