cheap parking southampton

hulluk33

hi its mine and my wifes and 2 children first cruise and we are looking at the cheapest way of travel from hull to southampton in nov is there any hotels in the area or long stay parking for 10 nights cheap as most are coming up at around £100 any idears thank you

hi its mine and my wifes and 2 children first cruise and we are looking at the cheapest way of travel from hull to southampton in nov is there any hotels in the area or long stay parking for 10 nights cheap as most are coming up at around £100 any idears thank you

Try http://www.holidayextras.co.uk Under the heading of 'other extras' you'll find port hotels. We've just got a fantastic deal for 26 nights parking at the MacDonald Hotel, Botley Park. Hotel runs a shuttle service to and from the port included in the price.

We use Holiday Inn package to include parking, or the Ibis, which is low priced and offers cruise parking for £5 per night. These must be booked in advance.

There may be a coach down from your area- see Eavesway, or Intercruise or look at your cruise line's offer of a coach.

If by train- check the cross country one from Leeds or York, or you might have to travel across London from King's Cross. The cross country would mean changing at Birmingham or Wolverhampton (I think!), but at least it would be in the same station.

• 2 months later...

If you use CPS (who P&O recommend) it would work out around £110-120. With holiday extras you can get it much cheaper but not as secure. With intercruises (P&O's official coach transfer service) the cost would be around £350+ return. For a hotel I believe you would have to be booked in for the duration of your cruise and again not everywhere has secure parking. I think your cheapest and most reliable option is to drive down yourself and book the CPS parking; the coach transfers are crazily expensive and take over 6 hours from hull - you could be there in 4 and a bit hours if you drive.

Whatever you do try to make it as relaxing as possible because it will get your holiday off to a good start :)

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums