Stuff In The Safe

travler27

Found an article on a "Cruise Law" site

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2013/09/articles/sinking/costa-concordia-finally-upright-whats-next/

It included the following statement about salvage

"Personal Effects Will Be Gathered: There are reportedly some 1,500 cabin safes which need to be accessed. Jewelry and any salvageable personal effects need to be returned to the owners."

I don't know if the person who wrote the article has first hand knowledge, or is just conjecturing.

I thought it was an interesting question you raised.

Edited by Domino D

Found an article on a "Cruise Law" site

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2013/09/articles/sinking/costa-concordia-finally-upright-whats-next/

It included the following statement about salvage

"Personal Effects Will Be Gathered: There are reportedly some 1,500 cabin safes which need to be accessed. Jewelry and any salvageable personal effects need to be returned to the owners."

I don't know if the person who wrote the article has first hand knowledge, or is just conjecturing.

I thought it was an interesting question you raised.

I do believe he was guessing. He mentioned that once the ship was raised, it would sit there for six to seven months before being towed away. It was towed away as soon as it was lifted and now sits in Genoa to be scrapped.

What do you suppose happened to all the stuff folks left in their safe on the Concordia? I've never heard it discussed.

I know I would have emptied it. All that time waiting for the abandon ship would have given many enough time.

I do believe he was guessing. He mentioned that once the ship was raised, it would sit there for six to seven months before being towed away. It was towed away as soon as it was lifted and now sits in Genoa to be scrapped.

He was writing about the ship being righted. It did indeed sit there for some months before they finished lifting it and towing it away.