Serenade OTS Self Assist

We will be returning to Ft Lauderdale on Serenade OTS in mid-December. Has anyone done the self-assist off this ship in this location and had an experience with self-assist. I need to book flights soon and would like to know how long it took to get off the ship and through customs as I know Ft Lauderdale has been a problem with customs in the past.

We did self-assist last year off Serenade at FLL...we got ourselves in line around 7:15am (it was already very long) to wait.

There were some delays due to a medical debarkation, and (we were told) a short delay with customs, but once things got moving we were off pretty quickly.

At that hour the customs lines were not long. We were off the ship by 8:10am and our car service was already waiting...on our way to MIA for our flight. We arrived there by around 9:45am for an 11:45am flight.

One thing that we used this year when debarking at FLL was the Mobile Passport App. It is only available if you actually have a passport in hand...we downloaded the app and completed our landing 'card' the morning we arrived at the port. Once off the ship we got into a separate line just for mobile passport folks and there was NO ONE else in the line. Straight to the front, through customs and out the door. The regular line was a good 30-45 min wait.

I need to book flights soon and would like to know how long it took to get off the ship and through customs as I know Ft Lauderdale has been a problem with customs in the past.

Falling in line, we were done with customs at Port Everglades last month in less than 30 min. We did the regular disembarkation.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app