SOL - how much time to give myself?

Tee & Chilli

New York per your recommendation.

Thanks so much.

I'll also need to grab a quick breakfast bite before heading to NY. The Hilton offers an upgrade for $12 per night to concierge level. Any idea if it's worth it?

Edited by TeeChi

New York per your recommendation.

Thanks so much.

I'll also need to grab a quick breakfast bite before heading to NY. The Hilton offers an upgrade for $12 per night to concierge level. Any idea if it's worth it?

Don't know about the concierge level at the Hilton.

To go to the SOL with 11 am tickets, they recommend you be there at least a half hour ahead, so that's 10:30 am. The actual PATH ride should be 25 minutes. Then you need to get from World Trade to Battery Park - are you walking that stretch? Just to be comfortable, I'd be on a PATH train around 9:15. This is a good time to travel because the rush hour schedule is still running and trains are still frequent. That should give you ample time to wander from World Trade down Broadway past Trinity Church,Wall St, and Bowling Green to Battery Park.

While the timing on the previous post is very accurate I always like to leave myself more time. Worst is that I would wander around lower Manhattan a little. I'd be at the PATH station no later than 8:30.

8:30 would still be "rush hour" on PATH and trains could be crowded with folks getting off NJ Transit trains to go to Jersey City and New York by 9 am. There are about 6 trains that arrive between 8:30 and 9 am. I really wouldn't leave on PATH until at least 9 am. There is a nice gap of 13 minutes between 9:03 and 9:16 where no trains arrive, so PATH will not be flooded by train commuters transferring.

Don't know about the concierge level at the Hilton.

To go to the SOL with 11 am tickets, they recommend you be there at least a half hour ahead, so that's 10:30 am. The actual PATH ride should be 25 minutes. Then you need to get from World Trade to Battery Park - are you walking that stretch? Just to be comfortable, I'd be on a PATH train around 9:15. This is a good time to travel because the rush hour schedule is still running and trains are still frequent. That should give you ample time to wander from World Trade down Broadway past Trinity Church,Wall St, and Bowling Green to Battery Park.

Yes I'm walking. How long and how far is the walk?