Has anyone had a sideways cabin on the Jade?

CaptPrincess

Hello! First post. Booked the Jade for 4/23 and am in a sideways IC on Deck 10. Wondering if anyone has ever had one of these before, has photos or can tell me about the layout? Did you like it? Would you recommend it? This is my 48th cruise (only second with NCL) and I've never had a sideways cabin. A little leery. Can someone please help a gal with jittery nerves? Thanks!!!:D

We are booked on the Jade in a sideways cabin next year and I'm excited about it. We were on another NCL sister ship in a sideways and I loved it. Think of turning a traditional inside cabin 90 degrees and putting the door on one side at the end of the bed. So, our was laid out like this. As you open the door you see the bed in full view to the left. Walk straight ahead and it's the vanity and TV. Then turn right into a small hallway. At the end is the closet, the left are shelves, and the right is the bathroom. I think it makes the room seem bigger. I wouldn't be nervous about it at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

On the Jade 4/16-4/23. Had a sideways inside cabin room 8109 - it was a handicap room. We liked it and it was roomy due to the extra space for wheelchair access, but only used the room for sleeping. Long story and it will be explained in our review of the Garden Villa 14500.

• 2 weeks later...
On the Jade 4/16-4/23. Had a sideways inside cabin room 8109 - it was a handicap room. We liked it and it was roomy due to the extra space for wheelchair access, but only used the room for sleeping. Long story and it will be explained in our review of the Garden Villa 14500.

Handicapped room must've made all the difference. We got on the day you got off (cabin 9623) and had booked a sideways due to others saying it felt more roomy. Having cruised in an inside on Carnival before (only thing I had to compare another inside to), I felt it was much more cramped. About a foot on either side of the bed to maneuver, and maybe 2 feet from the end of the bed to the edge of the bathroom. It was manageable, but not what I would call comfortable.

We had a Jade sideways cabin on deck 9 aft-ish in January for 12 days. It is really not larger than a regular inside, but the configuration is such that it feels larger, especially around the bed. One person was not crawling over the corner the bed. There is sort of a traffic jam as the bathroom, closet and vanity are sort of all together so it takes a bit of planning but, on the other hand, it somehow felt more private to us. All in all, we loved the cabin so much that we booked the one next door for our next cruise in October.

We have also sailed on the Sun in one of the deluxe inside sideways cabins. Those are HUGE. This is nothing like that, but a nice inside nonetheless.

My son had a sideways one, his bathroom was bigger than my balcony bathroom. So we've 2 booked on the star in July. You walk in and rather than bed facing you, it's over to one side, with room to walk round the entire bed, leaving a nice space in the entrance at the foot of the bed. The bathroom is the opposite side of the door to the bed and a good size desk and wardrobe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a Jade sideways cabin on deck 9 aft-ish in January for 12 days. It is really not larger than a regular inside, but the configuration is such that it feels larger, especially around the bed. One person was not crawling over the corner the bed. There is sort of a traffic jam as the bathroom, closet and vanity are sort of all together so it takes a bit of planning but, on the other hand, it somehow felt more private to us. All in all, we loved the cabin so much that we booked the one next door for our next cruise in October.

We have also sailed on the Sun in one of the deluxe inside sideways cabins. Those are HUGE. This is nothing like that, but a nice inside nonetheless.

Which cabin did you have on the Sun drvalo?

Thank you.

I had a sideways inside cabin on the Jade on Deck 8 and LOVED it. Yes, technically it's not more space if you look at the square footage, but having the door in the middle of the cabin makes all the difference.

Also, having the closer perpendicular to the bathroom door really opens up the room (as opposed to regular rooms where they're opposite each other, creating a very narrow hallway).