Go to Pillory Beach! [Pictures]

pk3d

Most people get off the ship at Grand Turk and immediately go to the beach from the dock. DON'T DO THAT! We found it extremely crowded, loud, and not relaxing whatsoever. Not to mention that the water doesn't look nearly as good there as it does on the other beaches.

Simply follow the signs to the shuttle buses once you get off the ship. It's $8 per person one way to go to Pillory Beach. So that's $16 a person to go to the beach and back. That may seem like a lot, but we found it to be more than worth it. The bus ride is about 10-15 minutes and you get to see some stuff along the way as well.

At the beach, NO ONE IS THERE! On the entire beach, there were maybe 10 people total including us. If we would have walked down the beach, we would have been totally alone. Beach chairs are $10 per person to rent.

The only bad thing about this beach is that the food area is way too expensive. I think it was like $18 for one meal or something absurd like that.

Long end of the beach

IMAG0294.jpg

Front

IMAG0296.jpg

Other side

295_2.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

Behind

IMAG0310.jpg

Bohio Resort

IMAG0297.jpg

Edited by pk3d

So it's $16/head plus $10 for a lounger, while the beach at the ship is free, including loungers (and it's not so loud if you head towards the South (tip) of the island?

Appreciate the info and the pics are beautiful, but I'll stay put for free.

So it's $16/head plus $10 for a lounger, while the beach at the ship is free, including loungers (and it's not so loud if you head towards the South (tip) of the island?

Appreciate the info and the pics are beautiful, but I'll stay put for free.

It does comes down to what you're willing to spend. Your vacation will still be great staying at the beach at the port. But for for context, we paid $70 per person the previous day to go to St. John Trunk Bay beach. That excursion is always full and you don't even get to stay for more than two hours. Compared to most excursions, going to Pillory Beach is the economical choice (unless you just did no excursions at all).

Thanks so much for the pictures! I'm sure it's exactly the type of place some people would love. :)

Do you remember the name of the hotel there?

LuLu

I do believe that it's the Bohio Resort.

Edited by pk3d

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much!

I decided today at work after researching to do Pillory Beach. Your pictures arent showing for me but what I have seen on TA looks great. Ill happily pay money for a nice beach without the masses.

Thank you.

How often does the shuttle run? I'm just wondering about the timing of getting there and back to the ship.

When our bus/shuttle driver took us to Pillory Beach, he agreed with the group to return at about 3:00 so we'd have a guaranteed ride. However, we did not want to stay that long, so we just took another bus back to the port. There were 2-3 drivers (multiple shuttles) just sitting at the beach chatting the entire time we were there. You should not have any issue getting back to the ship.