Solo traveling on the Getaway

catty

I travel solo on the Getaway and love it. The last couple of cruises I have gotten a Studio cabin which is meant for one person. Did not think I would like and I do- have one booked for my back to back cruise in December.

There is a Studio Lounge which is open in early evening for ALL solo passengers. It is a chance to meet others and make arrangements for dinner, shows, shopping, excursions and whatever.

I'm guessing it's best to join people on night one, kind of like taking kids to their clubs on night one. I went solo in November with great solo deal on a balcony. I chickened out of the meetings because of my advanced age, figured most would not want to be with "mom". Being a smoker, I consistently met with others in the cigar lounge and we became our own group.

I'm guessing it's best to join people on night one, kind of like taking kids to their clubs on night one. I went solo in November with great solo deal on a balcony. I chickened out of the meetings because of my advanced age, figured most would not want to be with "mom". Being a smoker, I consistently met with others in the cigar lounge and we became our own group.

Always good to get on the roll call for your cruise to meet some other solo cruisers in advance.

IMHO the NCL ships with studios are the best way to travel as a solo. I've done 2 Epic and 2 Getaway and will try Breakaway at Xmas. Make sure u go to the first solo gathering, which was rather early last cruise, 5 pm, and in the Sunset Bar.

• 3 months later...