Carnival Liberty vs Ruby Princess

Kelley2011

Hi-

I am looking for feedback from those that have been on these ships....Same exact itineray, (Eastern Carib)...With the exception of they each go to their own private islands....We have two kids 9 and 6 but mainly their interests are water and swimming...

Any preferences or suggestions would be appreciated...Also the prices are similar

Thanks

I've been on the Emerald Princess which is the sister to the Ruby. It is a beautiful ship with a good kids program.

Never been on Carnival but they have more water type facilities for kids.

One of the things I like about Princess pools is that they are fresh water. I don't know about Carnival. Hopefully others can shed more light.

Princess Cays is a typical day at the beach with lots to do (and buy).

As much as I am a Princess and Royal Caribbean fan, I may be inclined to look pretty hard at Carnival if I had kids that age.

Good Luck in your search,:)

Larry

I've been on the Emerald Princess which is the sister to the Ruby. It is a beautiful ship with a good kids program.

Never been on Carnival but they have more water type facilities for kids.

One of the things I like about Princess pools is that they are fresh water. I don't know about Carnival. Hopefully others can shed more light.

Princess Cays is a typical day at the beach with lots to do (and buy).

As much as I am a Princess and Royal Caribbean fan, I may be inclined to look pretty hard at Carnival if I had kids that age.

Good Luck in your search,:)

Larry

We were looking at Princess because it may be less rowdy and pools look just as nice and ports are the same other then private island which Cays looks great...Is the food on Princess good? We would have grandparents with us as well

We were looking at Princess because it may be less rowdy and pools look just as nice and ports are the same other then private island which Cays looks great...Is the food on Princess good? We would have grandparents with us as well

I have always enjoyed the food on Princess. The waiters have always been willing to bring other choices when the main course wasn't desired. I also like Sabatinis and the Crown Grill specialty restaurants.

I also think this would be enjoyable for the grandparents as there is a good age mix, and yes, Princess is certainly more low key.

Hi-

I am looking for feedback from those that have been on these ships....Same exact itineray, (Eastern Carib)...With the exception of they each go to their own private islands....We have two kids 9 and 6 but mainly their interests are water and swimming...

Any preferences or suggestions would be appreciated...Also the prices are similar

Thanks

Some comments you may or may not be aware of:

1 - Carnival Liberty is scheduled to undergo dry-dock repairs in October of this year with changes/improvements yet to be announced so keep an eye for that in case they make improvements to the ship that really interests you.

2 - Carnal the cruise company owns many cruise lines, including Carnival and Princess and Holland America and others like Costa and Cunard. So either one you pick, you are sailing under the same corporate family. These cruise lines are more similar than they are different.

3 - The private island used by Carnival on the eastern Caribbean itinerary actually started Holland America many years ago (which per above is owned by Carnival). That is a very nice private island. you can go to Holland America's forum to read about that.

4 - Carnival ship typically have waterslides/miniature golf on their new ships.

5 - Princess has different age category for their kids club than Carnival. Princess groups ages 3 to 7 as one big group, Carnival breaks them out more like 3 to 5 and 6 to 8 and so on. Your 6 year old might be bored having to play with the 3 year olds in his group.

6 - Carnival ships are very strong in their interior colors and their themes. Some like that, some don't. You need to see what you like/dislike.

7- If you are a night person, there will definitely be more company on carnival ship after 11 PM than on Princess ship.

8 - check the cruise ship schedule (cruisett) to see what ships will be in port each of the days you are in port. If you have to contend with 5 ships at each port versus only 1, the ship that sails into the port with least amount of passengers get my vote. Don't want to deal with 15,000 people at the pier/tenders while in port.

Some comments you may or may not be aware of:

1 - Carnival Liberty is scheduled to undergo dry-dock repairs in October of this year with changes/improvements yet to be announced so keep an eye for that in case they make improvements to the ship that really interests you.

2 - Carnal the cruise company owns many cruise lines, including Carnival and Princess and Holland America and others like Costa and Cunard. So either one you pick, you are sailing under the same corporate family. These cruise lines are more similar than they are different.

3 - The private island used by Carnival on the eastern Caribbean itinerary actually started Holland America many years ago (which per above is owned by Carnival). That is a very nice private island. you can go to Holland America's forum to read about that.

4 - Carnival ship typically have waterslides/miniature golf on their new ships.

5 - Princess has different age category for their kids club than Carnival. Princess groups ages 3 to 7 as one big group, Carnival breaks them out more like 3 to 5 and 6 to 8 and so on. Your 6 year old might be bored having to play with the 3 year olds in his group.

6 - Carnival ships are very strong in their interior colors and their themes. Some like that, some don't. You need to see what you like/dislike.

7- If you are a night person, there will definitely be more company on carnival ship after 11 PM than on Princess ship.

8 - check the cruise ship schedule (cruisett) to see what ships will be in port each of the days you are in port. If you have to contend with 5 ships at each port versus only 1, the ship that sails into the port with least amount of passengers get my vote. Don't want to deal with 15,000 people at the pier/tenders while in port.

Thanks for the info, it is greatly appreciated...I really focused on number 8...I looked up that site and interestingly enough, Princess only has one port that we would share with one other cruise line...The rest including St Thomas we would be by ourselves (at least according to the website)....We are still in the process of making a decision but being that we are laid back and looking more for a low key experience we may opt for Princess, and the lack of huge crowds at the ports is an added bonus

Thanks Again!

I am taking my bf on our first cruise together on nov 27,2011 from Orlando. And we are going to the Bahamas and i dont know what to expect. Can someone explain to me what to expect for as cost and buying excursions through carnival or what.?? email address is checkcard1982@gmail.com any and all info will be helpful

I just checked again (April 1st-8th) on Ruby and we do not show anyone in St Thomas and HAL in Grand Turk...Not sure what I am missing

Ahhh...I didn't see those dates, I was checking the Carnival Liberty in your ticker. EM

We were scheduled for Ruby Princess for this past February.

Then found a deal on Carnival Pride (no air fare was needed so we saved even more money.

The balcony we got on the pride for 3 people was over 1300 cheaper then the Ruby.

I LOVE Princess cruises but since I LOVE taking cruises I have my money dictate what cruiselines we sail. Someday I WILL sail the Ruby

Archived