Best Cruise line for Mexican Riviera Cruise?

Kely98

Hello, I need some suggestions on your favorite cruise line for a Mexican Riviera Cruise. I have always cruised with Royal Caribbean, but they no longer cruise to Mexico. I am looking for a bigger ship that has a lot to do (mini golf, basketball, rock climbing, surfing wave, etc etc). Please tell me your favorite cruise line and why.

Thanks!:D

Hi,

We love the Carnival Miracle but it does not have the activities on board that you wish to enjoy!

It has mini golf and ping pong and basketball and a waterslide but it does not have the other RCCL activities.

We were sorry when Royal Caribbean stopped cruising to Mexico from San Diego!!

I have not been on Princess so I suggest you look at the activities they have on board their ships and then make

your decision. I just remembered that NCL is now going all the way down to Acapulco and Ixtapa/Xihuatanejo.

If that fits into your timing I'd be on that cruise for the ports!! I don't know anything about the ship!

Edited by riffatsea

The Carnival Miracle will have mini-golf, do not remember if the Spirit class has a half court. The Princess ships might have a half court. They have a lawn court that changes uses at times.

Rock walls and surf riders seem to be RCL's schtick.

Thanks for everyone's responses. I guess I can't try to replicate the activities on RCCL. That's okay though. So for Carnival vs. princess vs. NCCL...who is your favorite for shows, food, on board activities, on board shopping, etc? I am looking forward to trying another cruise line (I wouldn't have done it if I wasn't forced to - change is good sometimes)

The only one of the things you've mentioned that I care about is food and that is a very subjective thing as everyone's taste buds are different!

The MDR on Carnival is way better than the one on NCL(IMO) BUT NCL had more paid restaurants choices and Carnival only has one.

I don't like to go to different restaurants where you need reservations every night so I prefer Carnival.

You may like to have more choices.

We are sailing the Mexican Riviera in December on NCL Star: Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan. We also sailed on NCL Pearl to Alaska in June 1013. Got married on NCL way back in '97, before they changed to freestyle cruising.:)

We certainly noticed the difference. The food is not as good. But we were ok with that. With the freestyle cruising we were not expecting constant gourmet meals. One of our daughters would get sea sick in one of the main dining rooms on the pearl....we ate mostly at the buffet and we were perfectly happy with that. Nothing to send you over the moon, but always fresh and hot.

NCL's "Freestyle cruising" suits us. We very much enjoy the opportunity to come and go as we please. Love the casual dress code. Eat when we are actually hungry and choose if we want to see the early or late show depending on how our day went. We sail with our 2 daughters (12, 14). I don't want to think about trying to keep them on a tight schedule of meal and entertainment. Not fun for any of us! And the point for us on our cruises is to spend time together as a family. Not to send our kid off somewhere else.

As far as activities, They appear to have something for everyone (my opinion) They do not have a rock wall on the Star. They have the typical Volleyball/Basketball court, Golf Driving Net, Jog/Walk Track etc. Again, we are pretty easy going.

LOVED the entertainment on the NCL PEARL...Kept the whole family engaged on every show!

We have been very happy with NCL on all 3 cruises. Staff always very friendly and rooms/ship are clean.

NCL is not for everyone. If you are easy going and like to go at your own pace and don't expect super premium meals I would go with NCL. If you prefer to have a set schedule and tastier meals, or eating with strangers....don't go with NCL. You will be very disappointed.

Good Luck

Edited by washcruise13

Hello, I need some suggestions on your favorite cruise line for a Mexican Riviera Cruise. I have always cruised with Royal Caribbean, but they no longer cruise to Mexico. I am looking for a bigger ship that has a lot to do (mini golf, basketball, rock climbing, surfing wave, etc etc). Please tell me your favorite cruise line and why.

Thanks!:D

Other than basket ball , no ships that cruise the Mexican Rivera have the features .

On the west you have Carnival doing 7 day on a regular schedule . Princess and Hal do some 7 day and 10 cruise as well.