Coach Transfer from Tokyo to Yokohama port?

ozbrian

We are spending 2 nights in Tokyo (Minato) before our cruise. Taking the train will involve a hotel shuttle, train and then taxi. The train station will also have stairs that will need to be negotiated.

We would prefer the ease of getting a coach transfer to the port but I'm not having any luck finding one.

Does anyone know if there is an alternative to the train apart from a Taxi?

Thanks

• 3 years later...

Hello.

I am in the same situation as you were some years back. I am looking for transportation from my Tokyo hotel to Yokohama port. The ship can provide them but they seem pricey along with the hotel stay.

I would be very please to know what you ended up doing.

Thanks,

Carol

Northern California

I used Green Tomato Travel Agency in Japan. We did have 24 people in our group so our coach was private and there were no pickups at other hotels in Tokyo. When we left Tokyo for Yokohama Port we took a sidetrip to Kamakura as well. We also used Green Tomato for a one day tour of Tokyo. They are very efficient and responsive.

I used Green Tomato Travel Agency in Japan. We did have 24 people in our group so our coach was private and there were no pickups at other hotels in Tokyo. When we left Tokyo for Yokohama Port we took a sidetrip to Kamakura as well. We also used Green Tomato for a one day tour of Tokyo. They are very efficient and responsive.

We used Green Tomato and it went very well.

• 4 weeks later...

This is exactly what I want to do. I want to be picked up at my Tokyo hotel and be driven to Kamakura for a morning excursion. Then I want to be dropped off at the Yokohama cruise port. We could try to do this on our own, but we will have all our luggage.

I have emailed Green Tomato. Does anyone know another tour company who will do this? I could get a private tour, but that will cost a lot of money.

All the reviews I have read about Green Tomato are very good.

I will use them and look into an excursion along the way like MJBC did.

MJBC were you happy with your trip to Kamakura? What did that city offer?

This is our first visit to Asia.

Thanks,

Carol and Steve