Tour operator review Asia

bennybear

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone booked a shore excursion to Hoi An, Vietnam through Viator?

Viator will just engage a local tour operator and charge accordingly

Google Mrs Ha at Vietland-discovery.com. She is in Danang and is highly recommended. I have personally used her services and cannot rate her highly enough for service and pricing.

Just make sure you get the correct web site for her as others in Vietnam have tried to imitate her good reputation for their own shoddy operations

• 2 weeks later...
Mrs Ha wants a deposit made by wire transfer. We ceased discussion with her at that time and hired someone else.

Many guides in Vietnam need deposit up to 50-60% of tour cost. Some others understand better and need 30% deposit only.

My guide we used in Saigon even look over this matter if clients have difficulties in sending money thru Paypal.

Money should not be an obstacle cutting client-guide contact. Once we select him/ her the guide should be qualified and in my eyes, a competent guide should be a person grown up from that locality; Saigon, for instance, at age from 40 or up, experienced in times changes in VN whose recent history quite complicated.

Many guides in Vietnam need deposit up to 50-60% of tour cost. Some others understand better and need 30% deposit only.

My guide we used in Saigon even look over this matter if clients have difficulties in sending money thru Paypal.

Money should not be an obstacle cutting client-guide contact. Once we select him/ her the guide should be qualified and in my eyes, a competent guide should be a person grown up from that locality; Saigon, for instance, at age from 40 or up, experienced in times changes in VN whose recent history quite complicated.

The someone else that we hired did not require an upfront deposit. Be very careful with any wire transfers to Southeast Asia unless done using a credit card for the transfer. Its your money. Protect it.