Navigator of the Seas

I know there are many factors and it can vary from week to week, but on average, what time is the Galveston terminal usually opening up for arriving passengers to enter on Sunday mornings for Navigator? Thanks for any info!

We arrived around 11am last time. Traffic flow is not the best at that terminal, especially if there is another ship there. If so, be sure to bear left after you turn into the terminal area to avoid having to go through the wrong line.

We arrived around 11am last time. Traffic flow is not the best at that terminal, especially if there is another ship there. If so, be sure to bear left after you turn into the terminal area to avoid having to go through the wrong line.

Thanks for the info. We are planning to get there fairly early due to the traffic issues we have heard about. Hopefully it will all go smoothly!

Thanks for the info. We are planning to get there fairly early due to the traffic issues we have heard about. Hopefully it will all go smoothly!

Sometimes early is not always better "traffic" wise. When getting there early you are met with the out flow of traffic & passenger trying to get off the ship(s)! Taxis & Buses, Hotel Shuttles etc.

So what time do you guys recommend getting to the terminal? We will be staying Saturday night in Galveston, so our plan is to get up, have a leisurely breakfast, check out and head to the port around 10-ish. I will drop the wife, granddaughter and luggage at the terminal, then drive across the street to park and walk back. I was thinking this would put us all together in the terminal by 11:00am. Or should I arrive earlier to get into the terminal at 10:00? Or slightly later? We do want to be onboard as early as possible.

So what time do you guys recommend getting to the terminal? We will be staying Saturday night in Galveston, so our plan is to get up, have a leisurely breakfast, check out and head to the port around 10-ish. I will drop the wife, granddaughter and luggage at the terminal, then drive across the street to park and walk back. I was thinking this would put us all together in the terminal by 11:00am. Or should I arrive earlier to get into the terminal at 10:00? Or slightly later? We do want to be onboard as early as possible.

I would try to arrive so you are checking-in at around 10:45am.

I would try to arrive so you are checking-in at around 10:45am.

concur. we arrived at the terminal about 1030 to check in and were on board shortly after 11. I think we maybe waited 10 minutes after getting our sea pass cards before they started boarding

I will say this: PAY THE PORTERS when you drop off the luggage and people. do NOT try and check your luggage yourself. oh and for the love of all you hold dear.. make sure your luggage tags are ALREADY ATTACHED if you choose to self check them.

the people in line behind you who are ignored by the port employees while you are off spending ten minutes to write up luggage tags for your family of 6 will appreciate it

concur. we arrived at the terminal about 1030 to check in and were on board shortly after 11. I think we maybe waited 10 minutes after getting our sea pass cards before they started boarding

I will say this: PAY THE PORTERS when you drop off the luggage and people. do NOT try and check your luggage yourself. oh and for the love of all you hold dear.. make sure your luggage tags are ALREADY ATTACHED if you choose to self check them.

the people in line behind you who are ignored by the port employees while you are off spending ten minutes to write up luggage tags for your family of 6 will appreciate it

I totally agree about using porters at disembarkation. Saved us a load of time.

Thanks guys! I will definitely have the luggage tagged and ready to go, and we always use porters to assist. It sounds like my plan was about right - leave the hotel (La Quinta Seawall West) after 10:00am and expect to be dropping the luggage and the ladies off curbside by 10:30am, park across the street, walk back and be at check-in around 10:45am.

We've left out of Galveston several times, and we always get there around 11. This time (Oct 4) we plan to get there between 10:30 and 11:00. Plenty late enough that most everyone is already off the ship, so outgoing traffic won't be an issue. Many recent reviews on the Navigator that I've read are reporting they arrived 10:30 and were on board less than 45 minutes later.

Edited by sredish

Thanks guys! I will definitely have the luggage tagged and ready to go, and we always use porters to assist. It sounds like my plan was about right - leave the hotel (La Quinta Seawall West) after 10:00am and expect to be dropping the luggage and the ladies off curbside by 10:30am, park across the street, walk back and be at check-in around 10:45am.

Yeah, that was kind of our plan too......being there around 1030. Good luck....hopefully it will work out well for both of us!

If you want to get on board faster I'd recommend not using the port of Galveston parking and going with one of the smaller, private lots.

I was thinking I'd use Galveston Park-n-Go. They are right across the street. My only concern is they don't have a shuttle at all. On embarkation day, I can drop luggage and ladies off at the terminal, go park, walk back and meet them. On the way back, though, it seem we will need to schlep our own luggage back across the street to their lot. Or, I guess I could walk over, get the car, and pickup the luggage and ladies curbside, but that would leave them waiting there for me. I'm certainly open to any other suggestions!

Just so you know, we were on the Navigator this past week and waited in line for the porter. All of the sudden they stopped taking bags and just had the line go directly into the building and just told us where to leave our luggage. It seemed to work fine too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking I'd use Galveston Park-n-Go. They are right across the street. My only concern is they don't have a shuttle at all. On embarkation day, I can drop luggage and ladies off at the terminal, go park, walk back and meet them. On the way back, though, it seem we will need to schlep our own luggage back across the street to their lot. Or, I guess I could walk over, get the car, and pickup the luggage and ladies curbside, but that would leave them waiting there for me. I'm certainly open to any other suggestions!

About 3 weeks before we sailed, I tried to pre-purchase parking at a couple of these "independent" lots. They were all sold out (at least for on line purchasing) so I ended up with Port of Galveston. Shame on me for waiting so long.

Also, the day before our cruise, we stayed at a Bed & Breakfast in Galveston. Turns out, their association actually has pre-paid parking already and I could have parked for FREE!! So I doubly screwed up, because I had already paid for my spot!!

About 3 weeks before we sailed, I tried to pre-purchase parking at a couple of these "independent" lots. They were all sold out (at least for on line purchasing)

Oh! Good to know! I think I'll go ahead and reserve now to be safe.