MCO to Port Canaveral - Carnival Transfer

AtoZgirl

Was looking to get information on the transfer from MCO to Port Canaveral offered by Carnival. We've been on Carnival many times but have never had to use their transportation. We recently purchased the pre-cruise transfer but it doesn't give us any information, other than they start at 10 a.m., which is over an hour after our flight arrives.

Can anyone tell me how it works? :D

How long do you have to wait for the shuttle? How early have you gotten on one of their shuttles? How early have you arrived to the port? Where does the shuttle pick you up at specifically from MCO?

It's our honeymoon and we purchased FTTF and would really like to be there by 11 a.m. We looked into doing a limo to treat ourselves, but it's 3 times the cost of the shuttle :eek: .... kind of hard to justify but we're still thinking about it.

Any information is appreciated. ;) I just want to be prepared.

Thanks!

I have used them twice at Orlando; once you get off the plane and go to baggage claim there is usually someone hanging around baggage claim to give you instructions.. They send you over to a counter and you pick up your transfer ticket. Then you wait til your color ticket is called. Last November we arrived at the airport at 930 and were hoping to get on the 1st bus to the port because we also purchased FTTF ; well they had already filled the 1st bus that left at 10.... We had to sit around til the next bus at 11, it's about a 45 minute ride to the port. Check in was very fast and we were in our cabin before noon.

I have used cruise line transfers before. It's okay, but like somebody else mentioned, you have to wait for the bus to fill up. From MCO to Port Canaveral, I've used Travelynx a couple of times. I've been very happy with them.

I would use an airport shuttle if you bought FTTF. Last year boarding the paradise from the airport Carnival used an excuse that the ship hadn't cleared customs. They forced us to stay at airport for over 3 hours. We got to terminal at about 3pm. Everyone was furious at airport. When we got to the terminal everyone had pretty much boarded. They gave an onboard credit for it but I didn't want credit I wanted on the ship. No private shuttle would ever try to do that to you. I would hate to see you purchase FTTF and not get the probably biggest value in early boarding.

I have also used Travelynx to go from MCO to Port Canaveral and I would use them again. We just called them when we had our luggage and were ready to go and they picked us up in 10 minutes. We didn't have to wait around the airport for any other passengers.

Upon our return from the cruise, Travelynx was waiting right where they said they'd be and as soon as we got on the bus, we were on our way to MCO. We did have to drop one couple at their Cocoa Beach hotel, but it was a quick stop.

I have also used Travelynx to go from MCO to Port Canaveral and I would use them again. We just called them when we had our luggage and were ready to go and they picked us up in 10 minutes. We didn't have to wait around the airport for any other passengers.

Upon our return from the cruise, Travelynx was waiting right where they said they'd be and as soon as we got on the bus, we were on our way to MCO. We did have to drop one couple at their Cocoa Beach hotel, but it was a quick stop.

My friend and I flew in the day before and rented a car. Dropped it off in Cocoa Beach, right outside the port, and they shuttled us to the ship. Used Travelynx on the way back from Port to MCO. They were waiting right where they said they would be. I believe a few years ago, the cost for Travelynx was $25 per person.

We got a good rate for a vehicle from Budget. Total cost was $60 (including taxes). All in all, was very happy flying into MCO and sailing out of Port Canaveral.

We have used VIPLimo (Mike/Marlene) 3x for transfer to PC, and had no problems. Here is their website: http://www.executiveviplimousine.com/

Price-wise, I don't know how they compare to a Carnival transfer - but they were waiting right at airport each time we used them, and we also used them for transfer back after cruise. They tracked our plane, gave us a call as we taxied on runway, and were there within 5 min. of us picking up our luggage. We had a car to ourselves- no sharing rides or waiting for anyone else. It may be worthwhile calling them - they book up really quickly, as many CC'rs use them.

Would renting a car be an option? Easy to do, and most car rentals are very close to the Port. Probably cheaper than the shuttle.

I would not suggest renting a car since OP is flying in the morning of his cruise and has purchased FTTF - the delays associated with gassing the car up, dropping at the rental office and shuttle to the port will eat up his time. Private transport (executive VIP) or an early shuttle (Travelynx and Cocoa beach shuttle) are better options in this case.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I think we've decided to bite the bullet and pay for a limo. It's our honeymoon and it'll be worth it not having to wonder what the Carnival shuttle is going to do. Limo will pick us up an hour earlier, too.